1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

What was your first fiddleback???

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by j williams, Nov 24, 2008.

1. j williams

j williams Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 14, 2005
    My first was a nessie thatwas rehandled in reindeer stag. Wonderfull knife, and it started the love for my man Andys craft......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mtnfolk mike

mtnfolk mike

Mar 21, 2006
    that's a great looking knife J...:thumbup:

here's mine... :D a nessie in indian rosewood, pictured with my FB bushcrafter(2nd FB knife)...
    not only was it my first FB knife, it was one of the knives that came out of the first batch that andy did, some years back...:)

[​IMG]

3. tonym

tonym

Mar 18, 2008
    Here was my first, and the reason I have 5 today.

[​IMG]

4. j williams

Nov 14, 2005
    Great lookin blades guys.

5. Fletcher Knives

Fletcher Knives STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO Moderator

Aug 30, 2007
    Here is mine. I don't know if Andy gave it a design name.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. myright

myright

Jan 31, 2008
    Jake - I'd like to thank you very much for rubbing it in that I don't own a Fiddleback :(

7. Ice Tigre

Ice Tigre

Dec 17, 2004
    This one here;(and actually my only fiddleback :( )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He called it a patch knife as I recall. GREAT handle Short and rounded, fits the hand marvelously.. Thats osage scales, ausie lace-wood tang frame and copper pins... on 1084 or 1095 Andy? I can't remember..

It lives in my truck. :)

8. mymindisamob

mymindisamob Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2005
    A small Nessie that I later had to let go. I am currently waiting to see his updated version of the Bushcrafter. I'm hoping some of his beautiful handles will fit my odd mitts.:D

9. j williams

Nov 14, 2005
    Sorry Bro.....Give er time man, you will get one:thumbup:

:eek:Never saw that before. Looks well loved!!!

How old is it?

10. Ice Tigre

Ice Tigre

Dec 17, 2004
    Oh, wow... lets see... I've had it *gasp* a little over a year.. got that directly from Andy in a roundtable trade at another forum, circa Aug. '07.

Those were the pics I took when I got it, the rust came with it. Its gained some since, from hanging in the truck cab all last winter- its actually in the shop now, waiting for a clean-up and oiling... Its been mostly a rope and twine cutter on lumber hauling runs.

Have no idea when it was made, but I remember at the time he said he knew exactly what knife he wanted to send to me, and had to dig for it to find it to send..

Now that I think about it some more, it's plain of O1... I was thinking of another one I got in a trade when i thought 1084..

G.

11. Rotte

Rotte

Aug 30, 2008
    I'm waiting to get my first...a woodsman? :eek:

12. Chinpo

Chinpo

Aug 25, 2007
    I just received mine today. It's a bushcrafter with natural micarta handles, black liners and brass pins. It is awesome. Fits my hand great. I would post pics, but my wife is on a weekend trip and has my camera (She lost the charger to hers). Up side is, she wasn't here when it was delivered, so I can sneak it into my collection without her knowing (I know, I know. Marriage is all about honesty, but...)

13. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Ice Tigre's knife is one I forged from 01 steel. It was forged from a 1/2" rod of 01. Fun to make. That handle is Osage Orange and Lacewood!

Chinpo! Glad you got it and like it!!! Pics please!

14. schmittie

schmittie

Nov 28, 2009
    Since there has been lot of traffic tonight from many of us lookin for a new batch, I thought I'd dig up an old thread and play along. Anybody else??

My first FB is my much loved hunter. Here she was before the spa treatment a few months ago:

[​IMG]

15. Jroden5446

Jroden5446 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 20, 2009
    I'll play These two were my first, got them both at the same time
    [​IMG]

16. chainring

chainring KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2008
    My first was an Osage Nessuk with blue liners, but I don't have a picture of it anymore.....by second, though, was a Bow Legged Joe. It is still one of my favorite knives..

[​IMG]

Here it is, just after cutting the cord on my youngest daughter...

[​IMG]

17. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    I like when the old ones pop up like this. THanks for looking at my forum guys.

18. icybluesmile

icybluesmile Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2010
    My first Fiddleback was my bolstered mesquite Hiking Buddy.

[​IMG]

19. schmittie

schmittie

Nov 28, 2009
    Holy cow!

After buying my burlap hunter, I bought a HB blank from Andy and actually tried to get it to turn out like yours. You have a beautiful combo! I''ll try to dig up photo's later.....

Nice score!

Edit to add: I will never attempt anything like that ever again.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  20. schmittie

schmittie

Nov 28, 2009
    Alright, I dug up a photo from my last trip. Here is the knife I was refering to:
    [​IMG]