1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

What would you guys think of a Case, GEC, or Queen Sharpfinger?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Dan57, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Dan57

Dan57

Apr 8, 2012
    I think it's about time the pattern gets reintroduced! The new-old stock on eBay isn't going to last forever.

2. Vanguard41xx

Vanguard41xx

Dec 29, 2010
    MGC Bear beat you to it. ;) They have one with fake stag and rosewood handles
    But to answer your question I would rather see GEC make one. It may be more money than Queen or Case but I really like their 1095 and how well it keeps an edge.

3. Halfneck

Halfneck Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 30, 2005
    My 1st fixed blade ever. Used it as a fishing knife....till I forgot to clean it & left it in the tackle box in the garage for several months. Learned a valuable lesson about knives that day. Also learned another lesson about re-sheathing a pointy knife in a floppy leather sheath. No stitches were required, but it was my 1st good accidental cut/stab with a knife.

And with all those fond memories I bought an old Shrade a while back & it sits in front of my computer monitor.

With Case I'd be afraid what goofy handle scales were on it, or if something funky was etched on the blade.

I'd love to see what a GEC Sharpfinger would look like.

4. Vanguard41xx

Vanguard41xx

Dec 29, 2010
    I'd be more worried about GEC etching something funky on the blade than Case. ;)

5. Dan57

Dan57

Apr 8, 2012
    GEC, Case, and Queen read this forum sometimes, right? If the people here made clear two things, (1,) that they want a Sharpfinger pattern, and (2,) that they want it without goofy handle scales or an etched blade, the manufacturers might listen.

6. nphelps4130

nphelps4130

Aug 23, 2006
    I would buy one from GEC, Case, or Queen. :thumbup:

7. neeman

neeman Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Don't Bark River make a similar pattern?

8. nphelps4130

nphelps4130

Aug 23, 2006
  9. Peter Parker

Peter Parker

Aug 18, 2008
    The old SF is a great fixed pattern hunting knife! I'm not saying I would get one but I think it would sale if made right!

10. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    I'd like to see it back on the new market too. A very likeable and useful knife

11. RobbW

RobbW Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Why not make it a 2013 Forum Knife? Haven't had a fixed traditional yet, and it would be a good pattern for some company to revive.

I've had two bear knives in the past. Never again. I'd love GEC or possibly Queen to make this pattern.

12. wackafew

wackafew Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Keith Willis one of the makers here on the forum makes a nice Sharp finger .:thumbup:

13. whetrock

whetrock

Nov 13, 2010
    I miss the old Sharp Finger a great deal. While no sharpened pry bar (not nocking them I own several) IMO it was an excellent field knife capable of most any tasks in regards to hunting or almost any outdoor activity within reason. However, judging from the trends of the knife world, in the scheme of things there may not be a whole lot of demand for such a fixed blade knife. Who knows ? I do know, however that from this sub forum there has been a resurgence of interest in conventional and traditional knives as of lately.

14. wackafew

wackafew Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 23, 2008
    I know its not a Case or a Queen, or a GEC, but it is still a pretty nice representation of a Sharpfinger. So, for those of you who need a Sharpfinger fix before one of the before mentioned manufacturers make one, check out Keith Willis here on the forum. I picked up this one a few weeks ago. Its in 1095, with walnut burl handle, and copper hollow pins. Real nice fit and finish. Overall very happy. And at a reasonable price also. :)

[​IMG]

15. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012

An interesting idea, indeed!

~ P.

16. Dan57

Dan57

Apr 8, 2012
    I was thinking more along the lines of just regular production. Nothing fancy, nothing special, nothing expensive, just a well-made and high quality knife that can be obtained without the waiting times and high prices of a custom maker, or the uncertainty of something that's new-old stock. A knife that can be obtained for a good price, that you know will still be on the market in a few weeks in case you don't currently have the money, and that you can purchase from an actual dealer instead of a random person on the Internet. A Forum knife would be nice, but it would kind of defeat the point.

17. Robert.B

Robert.B

Apr 17, 2003
    A GEC sharpfinger for 2013 would interest me greatly!!! Put me down.

18. whetrock

whetrock

Nov 13, 2010
    I'd go for that. I feel like from time to time we forget this forum caters to traditional fixed blades as well. Then the only thing to decide would be some of GEC's 1095 VS their 440c......

19. Dan57

Dan57

Apr 8, 2012
    Condor Game Surgeon
    Just found this, figured I might as well post it here. It's not a replacement for a GEC-made Sharpfinger, but still... not bad!

20. Robert.B

Robert.B

Apr 17, 2003
    Posting links to external vendors who are not BF sponsors is a no no, just be careful posting links. :)