1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

What's a Good Spork.

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by Paracord_Junkie, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Paracord_Junkie

Paracord_Junkie

Mar 27, 2012
    I'm looking for a good spork to carry in my edc. (yes I do that) Leaning towards the CRKT Eat'n Tool. I'm really just looking for suggestions under $15. Thanks for the help.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  2. thegeek574

thegeek574

Sep 3, 2010
    Does this really belong is general knife discussion? We are not Yahoo Answers.

3. hunter s thompson

hunter s thompson

Oct 17, 2007
    Depends on what you want to spend for one. American Kami makes one out of 6AL4V medical grade titianum, that has several other built in tools. Snow peak makes a ti spork that is very reasonable in comparison, My favorite is made by Sea to Summit I really like the folding version of that one.

4. sharpguytoo

sharpguytoo

Nov 5, 2006
    I cant see one for EDC I use the snowpeak for backpacking, but that is just cause its "cool". you would be better off with the lexan spoons sold in speciality stores (with or without the hard core practice of handle removal). Never got into chopstix either but then again I carry both a cup and bowl since i hate not drinking coffee with my oatmeal. On point, i see no problem with the SS eatntool.

5. videl

videl

Mar 24, 2012
    Except how pitifully small it is, looks like it would make eating a chore, if thats what you want. I would pick up one of the light my fire titanium ones for a few bucks more, it has a fully functional spoon, and a fork with a crude edge for soft cuts, and know where near the crazy price of a tipocolypse spork.

6. Shotgun

Shotgun

Feb 3, 2006
    Light my Fire, Snow Peak, REI...I personally don't see much difference in quality between them. Pick the one you like the looks of most. And for gear questions, there's a specific sub-forum that this thread will be moved to shortly.

7. scrub

scrub

Dec 12, 2011
    I have an REI one that has treated me well for the last few years.

8. grand594

grand594

Feb 24, 2011
  9. sqoon

sqoon

Jan 1, 2010
    I have the Light My Fire Titanium Spork. Cost is within your range on a certain long river's website, though I think it was a gift. Works great in my EDC car kit. Big spoon side and decent fork side. Great for soups, or shoveling food when in a rush. I tend to eat quickly. I highly recommend it. I like that it is dual sided, as I find true sporks to have really crummy use when you need a fork and are horrible for soups. They really don't do anything very well.

10. DrivebyTrucker

DrivebyTrucker

Nov 8, 2005
    I like carrying a lexan spork for taste. The metal, especially ss, silver, and I believe ti (I have a ti one but I can't remember using it for soup), have a metal taste that my lips can feel. It's especially noticeable with soups, and food that requires your lips to clean the fork of food. Stick a metal spoon or fork in your mouth without food. Nasty right? I won't use metal silverware at home. Why should I use them in restaurants? As for chopsticks, maybe one day when I revisit Portland for the Shakespeare festival I'll move up to that level of douche bag at least temporary for the fun of it, but not now. The spoon doesn't allow you to shovel soup as fast as I'd like, but it's adequate.

11. hlee

hlee

Dec 5, 2005
    I like the Light My Fire Spork. A real spoon on one end and a real fork on the other. They make them in several colors of plastic and in titanium.

12. wildmanh

wildmanh KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 9, 2000
    I too like the Light My Fire Sporks. I have a Serving Spork, 5 normal PC sporks and a Titanium one. Bought Sporks for my nieces 2 Christmases ago and they love them. These days I work from home, but when I didn't, I carried one of my sporks in my work bag. Got 2 in my day pack and 2 in my 3 day kit. One of them is next to my computer. :) The full fork and spoon are why I like them so much. Also the fact that they come in a ton of colors.

13. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    I vote for the REI folding ti spork. Not nuts about sporks, but this is the best one I've run into.

14. 1whobuys

1whobuys Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Look at REI they have a nice selection

15. ThriftyJoe

ThriftyJoe

Nov 6, 2011

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  16. digdeep

digdeep

Mar 19, 2005
    Most sporks are too long for me to pack comfortably in my minimalist pack inside of a small pot so I cut part of the plastic handle off so it fits. Works OK for me.

17. Jason B.

Jason B. KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 13, 2007
    I have carried a eat'n tool on my day bag for a little over a year now. It's a excellent piece that work well to keep your face stuffed :) Little short in the handle and it doesn't have the cool factor of Ti but it has shown no rust and its smaller size IMO is a advantage.

18. RRR1977

RRR1977

Jun 2, 2011
    Forget the sprok and get a hobo knife. Both Case and Kabar still make them. You get a foork, knife and spoon in one small folder.

19. TimberWolf7.62

TimberWolf7.62

Aug 29, 2010
    I don't like sporks so I took a stamped steel fork and spoon, chopped the handles, and joined them with JB Weld. Full sized fork on one end, full sized spoon on the other end. Problem solved.

20. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    A dead spork.