What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

got a mill, and a surface grinder
took a slipjoint class
here's my first just completed (on my own)

0810CC57-9884-432D-BC84-543250BEA4AA_zpsyvtkvy3j.jpg

D29A6738-BA04-4078-9466-434B4488AB08_zpsutt41fyf.jpg

7D11F4AE-6DC9-4684-988C-AF739DCF0B8A_zpsoeulssl7.jpg
EB414DDD-ADB8-4018-8589-ECD26A725DA4_zpsijga047v.jpg

Harbeer you gave up playing around a long time ago didn't you?;)
I would love to have space for a large mill like that. Ah, someday maybe.

Harbeer you gave up playing around a long time ago didn't you?;)
I would love to have space for a large mill like that. Ah, someday maybe.
haha, we used to park 2 cars in this garage :)
and I told my wife, everything I buy, I can back get what I paid for it.
I scored a pretty good deal on both items
The Burke Millrite is a perfect size, and a real mill at that

Ive Been getting a little bored with the simple "Maple burl Ironwood Walnut" routine of selling wood, so here are some of my latest experiments. When the quarter ends and I go home for summer ill do a WIP on how I make my bias cut Palm blocks

JMXYGpU.jpg

wPqjGlp.jpg

t4xv15m.jpg

rTOepU3.jpg

EoHpSGY.jpg

Ive Been getting a little bored with the simple "Maple burl Ironwood Walnut" routine of selling wood, so here are some of my latest experiments. When the quarter ends and I go home for summer ill do a WIP on how I make my bias cut Palm blocks

JMXYGpU.jpg

wPqjGlp.jpg

t4xv15m.jpg

rTOepU3.jpg

EoHpSGY.jpg
Wow! I love all of those blocks. Is that spalted maple burl?

Haha, yea but my John Deere makes short work of it:D.
Actually I can't take credit, the previous owners had a bunch of those little "crop circles" all over the yard. Sad to see them go;)

I had this blade laying around for years, written off because of some scratches it got during HT (stainless Niolox)
Still good enough to experiment with some etching.
I was positively surprised with the result!
Then a bit of improvised stonewashing (shaking a bottle infront of the TV) and out came this!
Now I'm serously considering finishing the blade and calling it a knife!

IMG_20170424_190142_zpskj3jjt1f.jpg

Last edited:
I had this blade laying around for years, written off because of some scratches it got during HT (stainless Niolox)
Still good enough to experiment with some etching.
I was positively surprised with the result!
Then a bit of improvised stonewashing (shaking a bottle infront of the TV) and out came this!
Now I'm serously considering finishing the blade and calling it a knife!

IMG_20170424_190142_zpskj3jjt1f.jpg

That looks cool!

Is almost finished, it will be ready for the show in Solingen. It's the first NYspecial that I realize in havwaiian Koa

Lovely, and I'm certainly not envious of the time it must have taken to achieve that finish! lol I must be one of the laziest hand finishers, luckily I focus on 'rustic' finishes and deep forced patinas are my go to.

Lovely, and I'm certainly not envious of the time it must have taken to achieve that finish! lol I must be one of the laziest hand finishers, luckily I focus on 'rustic' finishes and deep forced patinas are my go to.

Lol. Same here. I can appreciate mirror finishes and it looks great on some, but I prefer knives that I wouldn't be afraid of using and getting scratches on. Mknife's blade looks amazing though.

Last edited:
Back