1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

What's the last knife the wowed you?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by jhynds, Mar 18, 2017.

1. jhynds

jhynds Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 28, 2015
    I got a Reate Wave yesterday and its exceeding my expectation. The action is great and its already super smooth.

2. Officer's Match

Officer's Match Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2013
    No surprises here, my new Olamic 247.

3. Wolverine666

Wolverine666 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2009
    My new Umnumzaan.

Sooooo nice !

4. Emre

Emre Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2006
    ^^^ I'm with you.

I've been disappointed with CRK knives in the past. The ergos just didn't work for me. But I gave the Umnumzan a shot (mine is the Wilson Combat Star-Tac version) and I love it! Very different feel than a regular Sebenza. Perfect fit for my hands.

5. Officer's Match

Officer's Match Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2013
    The Zaan first wowed me years ago, and frankly still does.

6. 353

Feb 20, 2015
    My first Delica still wows me. The authority of the backlock and the thin blade. The ergos and light weight, what a great package!

7. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    An hour ago I used my vic pocket pal to open a box and for some reason I thought to myself " wow it cut that really easily " so that's the last knife that wowed me.

8. BrandoSpoke

BrandoSpoke Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Paramilitary 2

9. GB940Rookie

GB940Rookie Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2016
    I've never had the pleasure of handling a 247 in person but the pictures you all have posted are double wow.

For me personally, the Spyderco Sprig was the last wow for me. Love it.

You know, I still get that feeling when I handle my 940s and the GB1. The Techno was like that also.

10. jhynds

jhynds Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 28, 2015
    Another one for me recently was CRK Inkosi Carbon Fiber from Knife Art.

11. jimmyd1982

jimmyd1982

Mar 23, 2011
    Enzo Birk 75. I'm still blown away by the fit and finish for such a low price.

12. rexbo

rexbo Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2016
    This one blew me away in person.... the blade surpassed ANYTHING else in my collection:

[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

13. evilgreg

evilgreg Why so serious? Platinum Member

Dec 25, 2012
    It's been a four knife week for me, and one of them stands out as being a surprise, the Begg/Reate Mini Bodega. The styling is still a lot busier than I would prefer, but the damn knife just feels great in hand. It has immediately become one of my favorite small flippers.

14. sabre cat

sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    Any decent knife can wow me once. It is the second wow that I look for. The one that comes after I have been using the knife for a while. When I look down at the knife in my hand and realize all the "new knife" excitement is gone and I am using the knife because it performs better than I ever expected and I realize that I really, really like this knife and add it to my "do not sell" list.

That, my friends, is my second wow time and very few knives have reached that point. Off the top of my head, I can think of two, maybe a third:

CRKT Prowler
    Kershaw Zing (US made)
    Benchmade 531 (last one-wowed me twice but is not on my keeper list yet)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  15. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    2 have blown me away recently.
    Guardian Tactical Helix Nano. The build on this knife is simply amazing!!
    Action like no other and flips incredibly well! Also, a bunch of different opening options!
    [​IMG]
    Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive Rift. I'm a Benchmade fan and have a bunch of great ones, but for some reason this one just feels fantastic in hand! Build quality is outstanding! Came out of the box unbelievably sharp with a nice even edge! Perfect Axis action!
    Joe
    [​IMG]

16. popedandy

popedandy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2006
    White River Sendero Bush Knife. Outstanding ergonomics, excellent cutting performance, and attention paid to all the details

17. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    A number of knives have wowed me in the past. That s probably why I m on the forums.
    The last knife to greatly impress is the Cold Steel Recon 1. Well built, great ergos, extremely strong.
    Might be the one knife I would keep if I could only have one from now on.
    Surprised me!

18. Murindo

Murindo Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Cold Steel 4-Max, as good as a custom in regards to fit, materials, and function. The stone-wash blade isn't as pretty as a Demko satin finish but it is excellent and the grinds are perfect.

19. sfrigon1

sfrigon1

Oct 2, 2016
    Trc k1s , solid ,beautiful , and best feel of any knife I own

20. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    Antonini "Old Bear". It's like a more rugged, macho-looking Opinel. And still only about $20. Just amazing they can make such an attractive and solid folder that cheap.

[​IMG]