1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

What's up with the Swick?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by underaged!, Dec 2, 2005.

1. underaged!

underaged!

Sep 11, 2004
    I haven't read anything about it in a while and I'm jones'n for something new. Sal, help a brotha out!

2. VultureParade

VultureParade

Apr 25, 2003
    The last I heard, the Swicks were in a stage of edge grinding. I don't know if this is the final stage of the actual knife production.

Either way, I believe the sheaths would still need to be made and who knows what else, before they were ready to ship.

This was several months ago, so I'm hoping they pop up on the radar any day now.

I believe it's a 500 or 450 piece run. PE, S30V, bead blasted finish.

-Bryan

3. Mitchell Knives

Mitchell Knives Knifemaker Moderator

May 21, 2000
    Can't wait to buy one!:thumbup:

4. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    They should be shipping shortly. Engraving is complete, sharpening and sheaths are being done now.

We only made shy of 500. Whether or not we make any more will be determined by demand.

The "slip sheath" is drilled for Tek-loks, but the Tek-Lok is not included. The sheath maker has good prices on Tek-loks if interested.

(Scott Gere) [email protected]

sal

5. Cyblade

Cyblade

Aug 16, 2001
    whats the msrp on these ???

6. underaged!

underaged!

Sep 11, 2004
    Har har! Hellz yes brothren, finally something I want comes out when I actually have money! So how much is the MSRP looking like?

*praying*

7. BlairB

BlairB Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2002
    where can I get one?

8. Razzierb

Razzierb

Jun 26, 2003
    What's the latest on the Swick? I haven't heard a peep. :confused:

Never mind this post ... I should have looked down the thread list. Seems they've been floating around awhile. I'm going to have to call my dealer because .... mine sure hasn't shown up. :(

Razz

9. The Deacon

The Deacon

Apr 27, 2003
    If it's a CC#d one Razz, you are not alone. Mine has not shown up yet either, while the regular ones came and went last month. Think perhaps there's another bottleneck in the engraving department. :(

10. smcfalls13

smcfalls13

Aug 5, 2005
    Carlos is looking into that...

11. Razzierb

Razzierb

Jun 26, 2003
    Good .... I'm glad I'm not standing out in the rain alone. :D I feel better. :D

12. zenheretic

zenheretic

Oct 29, 2005
    I was just in the process of looking to see if Carlos had an answer. He mentioned this issue about a week or so ago. I haven't been around for a while...last time I was here, the Deacon had a different avatar :confused: .

13. smcfalls13

smcfalls13

Aug 5, 2005
    I thought you were just lurking. Welcome back.

No answer to the collector's SWICKs yet, but on a humorous note, theres one on ebay right now for an obscenely high price.

I had a laugh.;)

14. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    I had heard from Sales dept that Collector Swicks were caught up in engraving and should be going out soon.

sal

15. Carlos

Carlos

Jul 9, 2000
    Thanks Sal.

16. Razzierb

Razzierb

Jun 26, 2003
    The only problem with the Swick is that I know I'm going to like it and I'm not going to carry my numbered version, so .... I've gotta buy two of them. :D Anybody know what the MSRP is?

Razz

17. The Deacon

The Deacon

Apr 27, 2003
    Are the Collector Apple Coral Kopas keeping them company? :D

18. zenheretic

zenheretic

Oct 29, 2005
    :eek: Razz, I think it sold out some time ago...hopefully wrong for your sake, but not so for sake of Swick success. :eek:

19. smcfalls13

smcfalls13

Aug 5, 2005
    knifecenter's still got them.