What's your at work knife and your occupation?

Firefighter for 15 years. On my belt Leatherman Core, left pocket CS Lawman (I know not my favorite brand but found in for $20.00 brand new, so if I loose it,
break it or damage it no big deal). Probably will pick up a BK2 to keep in my hiking pack to replace the Seal pup there now.

I manage a regulatory compliance department in the Gaming Business and I carry whatever I feel like in my RFP.

Addictions Councilor at a treatment center. Carrying a knife no matter how small would be the last thing that i'd consider. When rompin'\stompin' in the great outdoors, you betcha. :)

IT manager working from home. So luckily I get to carry anything I want. And change it during the day.

I carry whatever I want really. Usually a Spyderco Military, Para Military (1or2) or a Manix 2 (154CM or BD30P). I'm a Pharmacy Tech at a very large mail order division and find that I use my knife very often.

I'm a trash man, I work in office now days but I started driving frontloaders and roll off's when I was 14, Sometimes I'll jump on truck to help out if/when were short handed on drivers. I can carry whatever I want but for working in the truck I always prefer to have a fully serrated endura because it will cut radiator hose, hydraulic hose, tires, plants, boxes and whatever else that needs cutting. I have lots of different blades from lots of different manufacturer's, I prefer my knives without serrations, except my endura's that I use for working, when it comes to working on the routes, I always prefer a fully serrated Endura, by far my favorite work knife!

I am in the Air Force . I don't have a particular knife I take to work all the time, but at the moment I am carrying my Benchmade 520.

I test jet engines and industrial turbines in the great white north. My work beaters are a Case Sodbuster Jr. and a small Buck Vantage select.

Highschool senior so everyday as soon as I get home I usually throw one of my benchmades in my pocket. I also work as an audio/lighting tech at a local TV studio so my Benchmade REI exclusive Mini Barrage in S30V combo edge is a great little knife that I use constantly; serrations are great to carefully strip wires. Also usually carry a leatherman ST300 or Crunch when I'm at the studio. Cool thread! Let's us see what other BF members are in real life! :D

Deputy Sheriff, I carry a Hogue G-Mascus tanto or a ZT 200 on my chest, a Spyderco Mariner Salt in my right pocket(for seatbelts, and airbags), and which ever one I happen to grab in my left pocket. Could be a Sebenza, ZT 350ZDP, another Hogue, a Spyderco Breedan or a Mcusta.

my knife and my job are unrelated but whatever. CRKT M21 and leather man PSTII, armed security guard for de goberment.

my last job was in one of those quick lube shops and we couldn't carry normal knives in out pockets because they would scratch the cars if we bumped into them so I carried a camilus acrlite cuda laced into my boot (LE type boots with side zippers) very small chance of scratching a car with the front of your ankle.

For the past year and a half I've been a Detective/Sergeant for a metro police department on the night shift. A secretary with a gun. The Benchmade 555 Mini-grip works fine for removing staples from paperwork and the like. It's also a good tool for the field when you want to poke around in stuff that you really don't want to touch with your hands. The Kershaw Skyline is a close second and it actually rides really well in slacks. Fun to flick too.

Various IT roles for the past 17 years (assembly-line tech, software development, tech support, sysadmin, network design & installation, etc.). Started with just a SAK. Then switched to locking folders. Currently carry a SAK Super Tinker plus a locking folder (rotate through Delica FFG, CB Leek, and Skyline). I've got other folders I'll occasionally carry, but those three get the most pocket time.

I would fall under "IT Professional" which is pretty generic, but my role is usually that of an IT Analyst. Most days I carry a Spyderco UKPK (the G-10 version) and a Victorinox Cadet, but there are some other that get rotated in.

Maintenance for the city parks and recreation. Lately have been carrying my Para 2 and my Swiss Compact. Waiting for the Leatherman Rebar though!

Back