Whats your favorite KaBar?

Well, I've been wondering a bit about this. This same style of thread has come up in the Becker subforum before, but there your choices are a bit more limited (less to choose from is all). I haven't seen anything like that in this subforum. Plus, there doesn't seem to be near the activity in this forum as there is in the Becker one, so maybe this will get things going over here :p.

So the rules are:

1. Your favorite KaBar knife. Fixed, folder, modern, traditional... don't care, just post it up. You must also post up WHY it is your favorite. Maybe its a memory from your past, maybe its that boar you stuck with it, and maybe you just like it because it looks cool. You don't have to own it, or have ever seen it in person. I just want to hear from the masses what everyones favorite KaBar is.
  2. Because there are so many KaBar blades, I'll allow a runner up choice, with the reasoning why it is so cool, but not quite cool enough to be your "favorite" KaBar.
  3. Photos. Without them, the natives get restless. If you have photos of the blade, post'em up. If you don't, go take some, and if you can't do that, find a photo on the world wide interwebz of the model you're referring to.

To start us out, I only have 3 KaBars, and they are all really different (size, use, etc).

My FAVORITE of these(currently), if only for aesthetic and ergonomic reasons, is the good old classic KaBar USMC (Leather). I won mine in a contest from Moose (THANKS), and even though it hasn't seen tons of use yet, I do love to play around with it. The leather handle is comfy and well designed, the blade is a great length for the woods, and its light enough that you can comfortably carry it around. It might not be the greatest chopper (confirmed :p), and maybe not the best carver or slicer, but to me it just screams classic KaBar.

1003805i.jpg

I'm still deciding on the runner up.

There you go, now lets hear what the rest of you say.

I'll play. :D

I'll second the leather-handled USMC as my favorite. It just FEELS SO GOOD in the hand. Confidence-inspiring. Classic. And handy. What he ^ said.

DSCN0713.jpg

Feast your eyes.

For my next choice it's a toss-up between my Kukri, because it's the meanest chopper I own, and my Warthog, because it's just ridiculous. Pics as promised:

DSCN0719.jpg

DSCN0726.jpg

DSCN0720.jpg

Ok, who's next?

Last edited:
I'm digging the grass machete right now.

P1030251.jpg

My favorite is easily my Fin. Got it for a killer price, and with it being thick as hell and made of D2 it can easily take anything I could throw at it.
2011-10-06194305.jpg

My runner up is my 7in. F/U black, because it is what got me into Ka-Bar, and got me into knives over $20. Without it I would have never gotten my Fin or Delica, so I have an obligatory love of the knife. The knife itself is also extremely nice, and got me to love 1095, also.

Sheesh, I have 12 KA-BARs. This question is gonna kill me.

Sheesh, I have 12 KA-BARs. This question is gonna kill me.

Haha, sorry for any undue stress that I have caused you.

I'm thinking of starting another thread here just like this, but about which one you USE most. For me, its different than which one is my favorite.

Haha, sorry for any undue stress that I have caused you.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea for a thread. My problem is that next week I'm going to have to edit my post to pick different knives, and the week after that, and the week after that...

So here we go... right now I can't get my mind off my Cutlass. It looks so cool, the handle is great, and I've been having a blast prepping for the cold season with it. It goes camping with me for the first time this weekend (hope I actually need to use it for anything, heh). It's fricking sharp, and it bites deep when you find the sweet spot.

rps20111020_120638.jpg

IMG_3418.jpg

Runner up and next's week's probable (and last week's definite) #1 is my limited ed Phat Bob. My favorite thing about it is the blade shape, second favorite is the feel of the micarta. It's so damp sharp... like a laser crossed with a razor. Really solid, a great size since I have big hands, and the jimping is useful and really well implemented. This LE PB fixes one problem I had with the regular PB in that the super sharp edge along the micarta is sanded down a bit.

IMG_3502.jpg

IMG_3411.jpg

Stay tuned for totally different answers next week!

I was going to guess you'd choose the cutlass :). I'm actually really considering it for my second choice. It just looks so sweet, I can't help but like it.

Maybe I'll update the main post and then tell everyone you can enter more than once?

This one is my favorite as it is 1 of 110 and did not think I would be able to attain, but luck was on my side. This thread should grow to the largest as I will have to change at the very least once a week should keep me busy for a year or 2. Runner up would be my Heavy Bowie as this one gets to see use, and some abuse just like BRL said this post is going to make alot of people nuts, Hey can we pick 3 as both of my weekly favorite and runner up are not legal to carry, my carry is a very nice kabar 4050 w/ D2 1/3 serrated blade that always cuts what I need. Love the thread but this is going to make me Nuts.
KabarCKandNewDogs199.jpg

Large Bowie is on Top

Union-KabarBowie012.jpg

My favorite Ka-Bar DESIGNED knife is gonna have to be the 1211. You can work for hours in wet conditions and not get a blister or sore hands.
foruse2.jpg

My favorite Ka-Bar knife is the BK-2, no doubt about it. It is my favorite knife all around,
100_4131.jpg

One question, is this a contest? What is the prize? Or is it just fo' the fun of it?

Thanks Logan!!

Sadly, there is no prize to this unless somehow someone else gets involved (trust me, no one wants my Gerber Paraframe, and I'm not about to give up my BK2 :p). So its just for the fun of it. I thought seeing peoples reasoning for why knives were their favorite might give me (and others) ideas for other knives they might like. Also, trying to help drum up some traffic for the KaBar forum, since this place is usually pretty slow :(.

I think I'll start up another thread though called "Whats your most USED KaBar" to help people get over these pains of choosing which one they like best.

Once again, didn't want to create pain, but I guess its hard to choose which one you like best, when you've got a ton :D.

nutoknives - that thing USMC is sweet.

Yes it is a gun-blued Blade with silver and gold leaf, It is the last knife of the Kabar Collector's Club as the 30th anniversary Knife 1 of 110, was able to aquire from an ex-kabar employee, This is the only club Knife my cousin did not have in his collection, so it is my favorite as I told him I would do what I could to finish his collection. She sure is Pretty for an USMC here are a couple more pics hope you enjoy. Thanks for starting thread ocnLogan.

dawnandjohnstuff051.jpg

dawnandjohnstuff055.jpg

KabarCKandNewDogs166.jpg

Good stuff, nutoknives.

Interesting that you like the large heavy bowie; that's on my short list.

Yes the Bowie is a nice feel in the hand, good working knife, light and strong, but talk about being thrown into the fire with this thread.

bowie014.jpg

bowie028.jpg

I had a 1211 years ago, upgraded with a Big Brother leather handle....outstanding stuff!

My favorite is a 1211 its just like the one in MrKnifekids pic. I sent it as a gift to my brother in Iraq in 03. Later after I got back from Iraq it was given back to me. I dont use it much.

Back