What's your latest Schrade? START DATE 8/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a couple of Scrimshaws in today...

Raccoons
505%20Racoons_zpsqcvdjyh3.jpg

And one, as a Texan, I'm pretty excited about and hope to find out some info on. Came with a Final Production Run Certificate in a nylon sheath, inside a Taylor sheath box with the description hand written on the end flap.

Schrade USA Texas Gold (Pump Jack and Drill bit)
Schrade%20Texas%20Gold%20Obv_zps8z1pmkj5.jpg

The Star on the Texas map is over the "Petroplex" out in West Texas where I was born! :D

Drilling Rig
Schrade%20Texas%20Gold%20Rev_zpsildguuiu.jpg

Tang Stamp
tang%20stamp%202_zpslsaycuy9.jpg

Midland? Lubbock? I am familiar with that area through visits to kin. I think Taylor had some several hundred thousand of those certificates made up and they are on everything these days. Nice knife, though! Thanks for showing it.

Midland? Lubbock? I am familiar with that area through visits to kin. I think Taylor had some several hundred thousand of those certificates made up and they are on everything these days. Nice knife, though! Thanks for showing it.

Odessa (Where one goes to raise Hell as they used to say)! :thumbup: Thanks buddy! Good to see you! :)

I was just glad it had USA somewhere on it. :eek: :D

I think Taylor had some several hundred thousand of those certificates made up and they are on everything these days. Nice knife, though! Thanks for showing it.
Five or six years ago, a collector friend in the U.S. sent me a Pad containing about two hundred of those 'certificates'.
I think the Final Production Run Certificates, were used to sell off the odd knives, from the 2004 Bankrupt Sale.
The knives look good, and it is always good to see knives that may not have made it into production.

Five or six years ago, a collector friend in the U.S. sent me a Pad containing about two hundred of those 'certificates'.
I think the Final Production Run Certificates, were used to sell off the odd knives, from the 2004 Bankrupt Sale.
The knives look good, and it is always good to see knives that may not have made it into production.

Thank you for this info! :thumbup:

There is a seller on eBay today, with some of those knives - with the Final Run certificates.
They are being sold in the Taylor box with a Schrade nylon sheaf.
The seller also has Pro Hunters and Sharp fingers, all with the Black Wooden Handles, and the certificates. :confused:
medium

Last edited:
There is a seller on eBay today, with some of those knives - with the Final Run certificates.
So, those certificates of authenticity aren't worth the paper they are written on?

What a hodge podge. The knife is nice though.

The seller also has Pro Hunters and Sharp fingers, all with the Black Wooden Handles, and the certificates. :confused:
medium

That's the guy I got mine from. The Taylor box is stamped as being for the sheath and the actual knife description is written by hand on the opposite end flap.

Thank you koldgold! I looked close at that one and it's different from mine. It was made for the Wes-Tex Drilling Co of Abilene Tex which is a name that echos through my memories. They were very active out in West Texas when I was growing up. I'm also familiar with it from researching the Texas Oil and Gas history over the years!

Here is a pic from 1960 of Rig #3 from the Texas History portal, credit: the Hardin-Simmons University collection.
https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth59187/

Had to have it!
Thanks again!

There is nothing wrong with the knives, they could have been "Sample Special Order" knives.
Schrade had quite a number of Special knives in the pipeline, to be produced in the second half of 2004.
They also made knives from any parts they could find, in the factory, for the Bankrupted Sale.
Some big orders for Special Orders Knives, were sent back to the factory - and some never finished.
The wording on the certificates could have been worded different, and sellers have used them too often.
I was quick to start buying these type of knives... Ken.
This is a Blue Bone set.
medium

medium

Some of the unfinished Rope-cut Blue Bone knives [Top] sold on eBay.
The finished knife, [Bottom]was due to be sold around September 2004, are very hard to find.
medium

medium

Last edited:
Couple more in today....kinda weird light this afternoon.

A Snap On Texas Stockman
Snap%20On%20Obv_zpsgnzmeyke.jpg

Snap%20On%20REV_zpsuy7adbys.jpg

A Scrimshaw Sharpfinger with a Whaling motif.

502%20complete_zpsm3ledpup.jpg

OBV%20handle_zpszpd8voof.jpg

REV%20Handle_zpsrbaaqrgj.jpg

Here is a nice 91-93 1095 5OTG Bruin that just came in.

Tried to get the green scales to show as best I could.

A few patina spots but nothing major.

IMG_20160929_120348245_TOP_zpse5pgu45l.jpg

5a0d3b67-f3ae-4ae8-8d5d-185a45377284_zpswgpfnlv5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back