What's Your Rick Hinderer Grail!

Grail = Fieldtac

Wish = XM scales with the option of the scale being drilled and tapped for lefties for an small up charge, minimal disruption of the assembly line (I think), but would allow for lefty carry.

I have two. Probably just a dream of mine but seriously would love one to come true even if partially.

1. Full ti Hinderer custom bowie with bead blasted lock side, blue ti frag patter non-locking side and blue spacers.

or

2. Partially serrated blade with DLC coating as well as the lock side with DLC coating. Basically a murdered out Hinderer flipper.

They auctioned off two "sterile" 5.5 Fieldtacs at the show yesterday. That would be it.

A 3 inch spanto with ti scales nonflipper. Light enough for my scrubs not to fall down in er.

XM-18 3.5" black, spanto flipper. Nothing too fancy or wild custom. I just want one and that's all I'll need!

Saw it at the show. I'll ask for a photo, only 2-3 in existence.... Yes- it was amazing.

The one I picked up was a DLC 24, the one I was referring too in the "I'll ask for a pic" was being carried by one of the guys. Most amazing piece I've ever seen.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, Pete was carrying it. Absolutely amazing knife, titanium scale and a very different shape and grind to the blade. I believe he said it was a gift from Rick...

Yes. When I mentioned a grail that I'd try to get a pic, it was indeed the one Pete was carrying on Sat. At the ECCKS.
That was a trully amazing piece.

A 3 inch spanto with ti scales nonflipper. Light enough for my scrubs not to fall down in er.

This is the knife I would choose as well. I'd love to have one with bead blasted smooth finish and stonewashed blade.

Back