Where the heck is Mr Ban Tang?

I'm not sure where Ban is at this time. I mailed him two of his own very excellent knives to sharpen and possibly place liners on over NINE months ago. Since then I've received empty promises from him but have not yet received my knives. I intend to pay shipping each way and have asked if he would simply send them back without any work but, alas, no answer. I'm afraid they're gone. I keep checking this forum and EBay from time to time to see if he puts them up for sale. Live and learn I guess. One could call me stupid sharp too. Richard Wingert M.D.

Hi Richard, have you tried getting in touch with Ban through facebook or instagram?

I do not think he is intending to sell your knives. Ban has a good reputation and I regret this circumstance.

Hello. I have been writing to Ban on his face book site since last july and he initially replied on that site. His last note said he'd have them out after the first of this year. Something similar happened with officer Chuck Dominick at Chutty Bear sheaths. He also just dropped off the face of the earth with no communication. He too has one of my knifes. I don't know what's going on with these men. I hope they're OK. As you said, they have very good reputations and I'm not here to badmouth them. Thanks for your interest. Richard W.

Don't worry. Your knives are safe and will be returning home very shortly. This is completely my fault for being indecisive and wanting to please. I should have just gave you a definite no for the rehandling and liner work. In anycase, they will be sharpened and going back to you this week on my dime.

Don't worry. Your knives are safe and will be returning home very shortly. This is completely my fault for being indecisive and wanting to please. I should have just gave you a definite no for the rehandling and liner work. In anycase, they will be sharpened and going back to you this week on my dime.

Hello Sir. As mentioned to you I will be gone on Tuesday, April 4, and will not be able to sign for any packages until the end of April. This is just FYI so they don't sit at a post office just to ultimately be returned to you. Also I'm not asking you for any favors. If you don't do scales, that's OK, just please send my two knifes back at this end of this month. and we'll forget about all this. Finally, I don't care who pays shipping. That cost to me is insignificant and I am unconcerned about your dime. Richard Wingert MD

Hello Sir. As mentioned to you I will be gone on Tuesday, April 4, and will not be able to sign for any packages until the end of April. This is just FYI so they don't sit at a post office just to ultimately be returned to you. Also I'm not asking you for any favors. If you don't do scales, that's OK, just please send my two knifes back at this end of this month. and we'll forget about all this. Finally, I don't care who pays shipping. That cost to me is insignificant and I am unconcerned about your dime. Richard Wingert MD

Ok message me when you are around to receive the knives at the end of the month.

I'm not sure where Ban is at this time. I'm afraid they're gone. I keep checking this forum and EBay from time to time to see if he puts them up for sale. Live and learn I guess. One could call me stupid sharp too. Richard Wingert M.D.

He too has one of my knifes.

just please send my two knifes back at this end of this month. and we'll forget about all this. Finally, I don't care who pays shipping. That cost to me is insignificant and I am unconcerned about your dime. Richard Wingert MD

:rolleyes:

Back