1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  3. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Where to buy knives in Oregon?

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Lover of Blades, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Lover of Blades

Lover of Blades

Nov 9, 2010
    I'm planning a trip to the Bend area this spring break, and since both my friend whose coming with me and I love knives, we'd like to take the opportunity to see some, as where we live is too small to have a good knife store. So where in Bend, OR, is a good knife store?

I've Googled it, but have had no luck, so I thought I'd turn to my ever-friendly companions on BF.

Where in the Bend, OR, (or anywhere near there) can we go see knives?

Thanks, guys.

2. Pyromaniac410

Pyromaniac410

Feb 24, 2011
    Well, if you're willling to take a little drive up to Portland, the Leatherman HQ is there. They don't have much for sale on site but I got an absolutely fantastic folder there.

If I remember right though, Bend is quite a distance from Portland.

3. Manix07

Manix07

Jan 5, 2007
    Oregon is an amazing place and you're in for a great time. Amazing scenic beauty, more micro-breweries than you can count and basically heaven on earth in terms of knife selection and legality of aquisition. I can't speak for Bend specifically but my advice since you're travelling with a fellow knife knut is to check out the knife manufacturers ( Benchmade, Kershaw, etc). If my memory serves me well there was an indy knife shope in Portland that had great selection.

Hope you have a great time, Oregon was amazing.

4. RByers91

RByers91

Oct 13, 2010
    As stated above benchmade, kershaw, leatherman, and gerber are up here. Also im sure you can find a shop called excalibur which is all over the place up here. Hope you have a great time!

5. thegeek574

thegeek574

Sep 3, 2010
    I will warn you that excalibur is outrageously expensive. a recon 1 was 100, iirc. the prices scared me.

6. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod Staff Member Super Mod

Apr 6, 2000
    General Knife Discussion is for knives.
    FEEDBACK is for deals and dealers.

7. Lover of Blades

Lover of Blades

Nov 9, 2010
    Yeah, I've been to Portland multiple times to look for knives. Haha. The indy shop someone was talking about is called Hawthorne Cutlery, I think. It had a decent selection, too.

And yes, Oregon is amazing. One of the last great refuges for the knife lover.

8. type00rev

type00rev

Sep 29, 2008
    I'm going to Oregon at the end of the summer to visit a couple of guys I served with.......I'll definitely be checking out some of the shops mentioned in this thread.

9. D'ohboy

D'ohboy

Aug 12, 2009
    If you are in the Eugene area there is Edge N Knife. They have a lot of Benchmades including a bunch of gold class, a bit of Kershaw, some EESE, some Lone wolf, some Spyderco, and assorted other brands like Cold Steel.