• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Where to buy Mora knives? Which do you like best?

Hi guys! I'm new to Bladeforums, although I have been lurking for quite a while now. Particularly in the Wilderness & Survival section. I've been looking into Mora knives and have been searching all day trying to figure out where you guys buy from. I've only found two places so far, SMKW & Knifecenter.

Where do you guys get your Mora's from and which do you like best?

Try Ben's Backwood. Good luck ordering only a Mora from this place :D

I like the 510 (now discontinued), but I don't thing you can go wrong with any of them. Others will chime in for more model suggestions...

Try ragnar@ragweedforge.com. I've used him for years for excellent prices, service and selection on Mora knives from Eriksson and Frosts of Sweden. Mora's come in so many designs and quality levels from different manufacturers that it's hard to pick one best.

Alferd

I like the Mora 2000. If you can accept its Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles looks I think it has the best handle of any Mora and offers better value for money than the new bushcraft range.
Another favourite is the new Craftline HighQ Allround in carbon steel.

I ordered mine from Buckshots Camp 5 years ago. $14. He/she never sent it to me until about 5 months later. He/she had no problem cashing my check immediately. If it werent for me contacting the BBB I may have never gotten it. To no surprise I got it quickly after the BBB contacted them. So I probably wouldnt buy from them again. I see Ragnars in New York has quite a selection. The only thing that stopped me from ordering from them is I dont buy from places that dont display their physical address on their business website. I feel like business' cant be trusted if they dont want you to know where they are at. I'm weird that way I guess:D Mora knife is the greatest value knife IMO. I carried mine the entire length of the Appalachian, Pacific Crest and Continental Divide Trails, good 7,500+ miles total. :)

Ragweed Forge.

I like buying from Ragnar. He also has good prices on other Scandi style knives. Shipping is only $6 per order. My newest Mora is a HighQ Allaround. It's a great knife for the price and the sheath is decent.

http://www.ragweedforge.com/

Ragnar.
Mora 2000, 11, 511. That'll get you started.
Or just buy a Helle and get it over with...

No problem with me, help is help and good karma in my book.

I found a thread in the search about mora tangs. It showed an x-ray picture with only some mora's with a 3/4 tang and some with a 1/2 tang. Does anyone know how long the tang is on the 860?

I've never found a cut-away for the 860, however, I have looked at a cut away of the 840 clipper (carbon version) and I'm betting they're the exact same... unfortunately it is a 1/2 tang... but the good news is it's fatter and all Mora's are equipped with reliable blades (you'll likely break the poly handle before the blade). I've heard nothing but good about the clipper. I do have a 'high q ss' and a '556 ss' and both have served me well. Lemme say though, that of all the Mora's I've held and used (nearly all) the high q has got to have the gosh dang best handles (even better than 2000 IMHO) :)

hope I answered your question (although I know you asked it days ago and probably decided already or found out yourself) :)

Ragweed Forge is where I've purchased most of my Scandinavian-style knives. I see that Smoky Mountain has a few Moras as well.

and which do you like best?
My favorite is the #137. Traditional wooden handles, laminated carbon steel blade, full length tang, and leather sheath. A bargain for $28. I'd also suggest adding the sheath wax dipping, a great service for only $2 extra.

http://www.ragweedforge.com/137.jpg

Wooden handles are pretty comfortable and really do fill the hand snugly. My only small beef with the wood handles is the application of knife under wet conditions issue (especially from a woodsman/fisherman's perspective of usage - just something 2 consider). I also found that the finger nub on my High Q All'Round is a really nice thing to have when the inevitable "whoops . . . aw s**t" moment happens... ya' know! ;) the 511, 546, & 556 just go a little overboard on the full (and annoying) finger guard. (again my 2 cents) :)

+1 on Ragweed Forge, but BB's is great too!

Last edited:
Ragnar at Ragweed Forge for me. Great service, nice guy, immediate shipping.

You can go to several places...amazon.com. swedishknives.com. survival-pax.com. bestglide.com. bigknives.com

Back