1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Where to find sheaths for your Fiddlebacks

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by thurin, May 14, 2015.

1. thurin

thurin Wanderer Platinum Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Since Fiddleback Forge doesn't sell sheaths with their knives, the question about where to find sheaths comes up every so often.

Here's an unofficial listing of Custom Makers and Production sheaths for your new Fiddleback.

Custom Makers

The following custom leather makers frequent the Fiddleback Forum. Some take orders, while others post their work in for sale threads. The username in parenthesis is a link the the maker's Blade Forum profile page where you can send them a PM or email and check their signature lines for links to websites, facebook, etc.

Be sure and see the following thread for examples of their work: Show off your Fiddlebacks and Leather

RLO Custom Leather (Rick Lowe)
    email: [email protected]
    facebook: RLO Custom Leather

HJE Leather (wildmanh)
    facebook: HJE Leather

Condos Leather (knifeleather)
    email: [email protected] dot com
    instagram: @CondosLeather

Diomedes Industries (Talfuchre)
    instagram: @diomedes_industries
    facebook: www.facebook.com/diomedesindustries
    etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/diomedesindustries

Patriot Leather Co (Skystorm)
    facebook:www.facebook.com/patriot.sky

Production Sheaths

The following companies sell production sheaths that are known to fit Fiddlebacks.

KnivesShipFree (knivesshipfree.com)

The KSF South Pacific sheath should fit most of the 4" (Bushfinger, Bushcrafter, Kephart, Sneaky Pete, ...) models and probably those that are a little larger like the Bear Paw, Hunter, etc.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017 at 10:10 AM
  2. thurin

Dec 19, 2012
    Feel free to add suggestions and I'll update the OP.

Also, if you know of which of the standard Bark River Bushcraft Sheaths and KSF Pocket Sheaths fit which Fiddlebacks, I'd like to include that information as well.

3. bonafide

bonafide Jou'Fuu Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2013
    You might PM/ask 'okbohn' on here, owner of KSF.

4. catalystman80

catalystman80

May 1, 2013
    I vote for sticky consideration

5. Roemer1

Roemer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Omega leather works? I have several, all are very well made.

6. xxwjtxx

xxwjtxx Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 13, 2013
    +1 for sticky; great thread Nathan. I can personally vouch for the work of each of the aforementioned leather benders, and would recommend that anyone interested in obtaining some quality custom leather for their fiddleback family knife, do a quick search to see all of the different styles available!

7. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Good idea for a thread Nathan! My only suggestion would be to add a link to the "Show off your Fiddlebacks & Leather” thread so that folks can jump right to that to see some pictures of completed work.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1126544-Show-off-your-Fiddlebacks-and-Leather

It might be nice also for each of the aforementioned sheath makers to respond here with their preferred contact options (i.e. PM, e-mail, website, etc.) to make it easy for people to contact them.

Thanks,

Phil

8. thurin

Dec 19, 2012
    Great suggestions guys.

Phil, the link is in the OP but I'll make it easier to see.

9. cutchu

cutchu Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Great idea for a thread. I would be interested in a conversion list for the BRK&T sheaths when you get a chance. Thanks for your time in compiling all the sheath builders.

10. thurin

Dec 19, 2012
    Thanks for the info Rick.

If anyone else would like me to add their info to the OP just let me know.

I got some info from Derrick that the KSF South Pacific sheath should fit quite a few models. He and Jason are going to get back to me with more specifics.

11. knifeleather

knifeleather Sheathmaker Extrordinaire Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 14, 2012
    Good thread Nathan!
    Contact info in my sig...email is best.
    thx,
    Mark

12. thurin

Dec 19, 2012
    Thanks Heber and Mark. OP updated.

13. Omega Leather Works

Omega Leather Works

Jun 13, 2007
    Thanks brother. I haven't been marketing because of health issues, but I hope to be on my feet soon. The Fiddleback crowd is a super high quality grade of enthusiast!

14. thurin

Dec 19, 2012
    It's good to see you Anthony! Let me know when you'd like to be added.

15. wildmanh

wildmanh KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 9, 2000
    Hope you get to feeling better quickly. I've been down a lot this year with medical issues to, so I feel for you. Good luck!

16. Omega Leather Works

Omega Leather Works

Jun 13, 2007
    Thanks bud, I'll let ya know. I have a number of unfinished pouch sheaths for 4" Fiddlebacks and plan to finish them when I can.
    Sorry to hear about your health issues! I'll send prayers your way.

17. Rick Lowe

Rick Lowe KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 6, 2005
    Been missing seeing your work, Anthony. Hope you're on the mend.

18. Omega Leather Works

Omega Leather Works

Jun 13, 2007
    I wish you hung out more at the Sheaths forum. I may have fewer questions now than I did at first, but you are still one of the guys I admire and respect most.