Who's interested in a special edition 2012 DDR/HTM Forum Gunhammer?

I agree about keeping dealers out of the loop. I also agree about not saddling Darrel- who is nice enough to take on this project- with a ton of work. But as long as we keep this a knife of the people I just don't see how it could go wrong.

Glad to see the interest peaking. I would also like to see some HTM new comers buy one. C'mon guys, I know you can't stand looking at the back cover of Tactical Knives with those 4 gorgeous Gunhammers without owning one.:D

I can't wait for the good folks of thus subforum(neuron and hark) to get the ball rolling on this. This is by far the coolest forum knife that has ever been done (yes, even cooler than the USN's Strider forum knife, much cooler). I think neuron and hark will deserve a cold beer or two after this one.

I also can't wait to feel how smooth it will be with that bearing pivot and HTM craftsmanship. This will be one for the record books.

I agree about keeping dealers out of the loop. I also agree about not saddling Darrel- who is nice enough to take on this project- with a ton of work. But as long as we keep this a knife of the people I just don't see how it could go wrong.

Glad to see the interest peaking. I would also like to see some HTM new comers buy one. C'mon guys, I know you can't stand looking at the back cover of Tactical Knives with those 4 gorgeous Gunhammers without owning one.:D

I can't wait for the good folks of thus subforum(neuron and hark) to get the ball rolling on this. This is by far the coolest forum knife that has ever been done (yes, even cooler than the USN's Strider forum knife, much cooler). I think neuron and hark will deserve a cold beer or two after this one.

I also can't wait to feel how smooth it will be with that bearing pivot and HTM craftsmanship. This will be one for the record books.

Newcomer here. Got to handle the GH and other HTM knives at Blade. I am sold!!! I am in for alum. version.

I'm in as well, price may be a slight consideration. I LOVE my GH, great size/weight!! DDR/HTM make a hgeck of a product!
I say if Neuron and Hark make it happen we all Cigar/Beer bomb them!! :)
This could be THE benchmark for forum knives.

I have been looking at getting a Torpedo blade Gunhammer so I would like to get in on this if possible.
I think that the XHP would be my first choice an American made knife deserves American steel.
I would love a OD green Torpedo blade assisted version

I have been looking at getting a Torpedo blade Gunhammer so I would like to get in on this if possible.
I think that the XHP would be my first choice an American made knife deserves American steel.

I agree od flipper with blade blade torpedo sounds pretty orgasmic

The various options are still in the process of being picked -- please vote in the poll threads if you haven't already -- so you're here in plenty of time to get in on this. Once I close the polls (sometime in the next couple days), Hark and/or I will chat with Darrel about how he wants to proceed in terms of ordering, payment, etc. procedures. Once we've gotten that worked out, we'll get the official commitment/order thread posted.

I agree od flipper with blade blade torpedo sounds pretty orgasmic
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you don't want the color that Darrel -- but pretty much nobody else -- sees as OD green. :p The consensus in the handle anodizing color thread is that the color is more "fecal" than "orgasmic". :eek:

Joking aside, getting some good green color handle color options in the HTM lineup -- especially a hunter/forest green that doesn't look gray/black and an OD green that doesn't look yellow -- is definitely something I and others will be bugging Darrel about down the road. Judging by the comments in this and the handle color poll thread, there's a lot of demand for it. (I'd be all over a hunter green HTM Gunhammer myself.) It's not going to happen in time to make it onto the handles of the forum knife, but hopefully it'll happen in the relatively near future.

Newcomer here. Got to handle the GH and other HTM knives at Blade. I am sold!!! I am in for alum. version.

really? you were there? which one were you describe your self i want to know every one i met a picture would do better thou ^_^

really? you were there? which one were you describe your self i want to know every one i met a picture would do better thou ^_^

I was there with my wife and basically kept going back to bug Dirk at the HTM booth in the back. We did stop by the other booth briefly and were given a tiny sweet little knife. That thing actually cuts really well.

I have never owned a Gunhammer before. Are they ground very thick behind the edge? I am really more of a thin, slicer kind of guy lately. I really haven't learned a ton about them other than they are top notch F&F, extremely tough, and designed by a genius.

Really can't wait to get the list going. I hope I get a low number, like less than 10. We shall see.

Also, the steel poll is still very close, but it looks like we are going to have a blue scaled, stonewashed CTS-XHP blade if the trend continues. I am super excited about this knife, and I am glad to see the number of interested forumites growing.

I seriously can't wait for this project.

TriviaMonster, here's a photo of one of the Radian gunnies along with a Phat Bob and a ZT 350, edge on. Might help you visualize. They're pretty slicy, but not the sliciest knife I own. The Torpedo and Bowie versions are more slicy because they're ground a bit higher.

2011-10-08121545.jpg

I am hoping for #7. That would seriously make my day.

Yeah this is awesome. I'm in. I miss his Trigger long enough so time to get another design.

I just clarified with Darrel on the phone that when you guys place the order, you can specify if you want bearings or an assisted mechanism. I know a few guys posted wanting an assisted version. I also want to make it clear that the assisted version does not have bearings. The two systems together are redundant. If you want bearings, it will be manual opening. If you want an assisted opening, it will not have bearings.

Bearings please...can't wait to get this going on....can we start getting a list together to see how close we are to 25 or less if people are going to buy multiples/back ups?

Bearings please...can't wait to get this going on....can we start getting a list together to see how close we are to 25 or less if people are going to buy multiples/back ups?

If neuron feels ready, he can make a separate post. I'm just relaying all the final details to Darrel when the time comes and making sure he delivers.

I just clarified with Darrel on the phone that when you guys place the order, you can specify if you want bearings or an assisted mechanism. I know a few guys posted wanting an assisted version. I also want to make it clear that the assisted version does not have bearings. The two systems together are redundant. If you want bearings, it will be manual opening. If you want an assisted opening, it will not have bearings.

That's awesome that we'll have an option but I think people would be crazy to get the assisted version. I thought part of what is making this a super ran sprint run customer order is that fact that it will have BEARINGS!!! Yeah, having new blade steel and different color handles is nice but this is the chance to own the first ever non-custom Gun Hammers with bearings. Am I right?!

That's awesome that we'll have an option but I think people would be crazy to get the assisted version. I thought part of what is making this a super ran sprint run customer order is that fact that it will have BEARINGS!!! Yeah, having new blade steel and different color handles is nice but this is the chance to own the first ever non-custom Gun Hammers with bearings. Am I right?!

You are very right. Bearings for me. I love the reliability factor of manual knives. That's not to say I don't love my autos or that any HTM is unreliable. I love my autos and GunHammers are extremely reliable in assisted opening spec but this one is different. This is our GunHammer!!!!

I am ready to get this guy in my hand soon. Hope some new people can get in on this. Can't wait to use it for a contest picture also!

Loving the stone washed CTS-XHP also. Should be a beast of a steel for an amazing knife.

Bearings it is.... I have the assisted version.. Very FAST!
I'm pretty open on the steel and color.... Do we have "final" choices yet?

Back