• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Wilder Forge Neck Knives

New Order

Hey Jason!

Per our conversation earlier today, below is my order for 2 knives.

Knife #1:

DPFN (Drop Point Finger Necker) in 52100 steel. $60

Acidwashed blade with thumb jimping. +$15

Polished Black canvas micarta with toxic green liners. +$5

SS tubes front and back

Knife #2:SFFN (Sheepsfoot Finger Necker) 52100 steel. $60

Stonewash blade.

Polished Natural canvas micarta with orange liners. +$5

Solid COPPER pin up front and COPPER tube in rear of handle.

Black Kydex sheaths for both.

I just sent you an email with all this info as well as my contact info.

Thanks again for the time today!

Drew

Last edited:
Honestly I think any of the pocket sheaths would work. The DPN and SFN are around 6" long and the DPFN is about 6.5" long and no more than 1" wide

Thanks for the reply. Can't wait to see the finished product. I know the guys at work are looking at your knives and planning their options as we speak.

I would love to see pics of the SFFN when finished. I have been wanting to order a SFN and never thought of the finger option.

This is what I use but most any green compound would work
http://popsupply.bizhosting.com/matchless_buffing_compounds.html

Thanks man
thumbsupsmiley.gif

Is this the same stuff you think?

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Green-Polishing-Wax-Buffing-Soap-Compound-500g-bar-/170942392110?pt=UK_BOI_Metalworking_Milling_Welding_Metalworking_Supplies_ET&hash=item27ccf5e72e

And do you apply it to the edge of the knife directly, or to the strop itself?

THese are really cool. I'd like to get on the list for either a loveless necker or a a DPFN. Can you squeeze 4 fingers on the grip with either of them?

THese are really cool. I'd like to get on the list for either a loveless necker or a a DPFN. Can you squeeze 4 fingers on the grip with either of them?

I have small to medium sized hands & 4 fingers are no problem on mine. If I put them all close together I'd even have room for a fifth on there.

The grip is about 3,6" on mine.

Last edited:
Thanks man
thumbsupsmiley.gif

Is this the same stuff you think?

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Green-Polishing-Wax-Buffing-Soap-Compound-500g-bar-/170942392110?pt=UK_BOI_Metalworking_Milling_Welding_Metalworking_Supplies_ET&hash=item27ccf5e72e

And do you apply it to the edge of the knife directly, or to the strop itself?

That looks like it would work fine. Rub it into the leather strop then run the knife over it with the edge trailing.

I would love to see pics of the SFFN when finished. I have been wanting to order a SFN and never thought of the finger option.

There are a few in this thread... somewhere.

Hey Jason... any idea when you will start on this next batch? Not being impatient, just excited to have some of your blades!

Hey Jason... any idea when you will start on this next batch? Not being impatient, just excited to have some of your blades!

I plan to start cutting them out this week. There are 50 knives in this batch and it will take a while but I promise to be diligent. I have a full time day job, a wife and two young kids, and I am very active in the city so its hard for me to find time in the shop but I promise they will be done as quick as I can.

I plan to start cutting them out this week. There are 50 knives in this batch and it will take a while but I promise to be diligent. I have a full time day job, a wife and two young kids, and I am very active in the city so its hard for me to find time in the shop but I promise they will be done as quick as I can.

I have 2 knives in this batch. I can't speak for others, but I don't want you to rush Jason. As you achieve more succeess, your demand grows. The trick is to keep putting out products of the same or higher quality while increasing your output.

50 knives is a massive batch and will take quite a while, especially with the rest of life. Please, take your time, and everyone else, while I share In your anticipation and excitement, let's not pester Jason or push him.

Good things come to those who wait!!!

Respectfully-

Drew

Thanks a bunch Drew. As you pointed out, it's easy to rush and skimp on quality and that's exactly what I DON'T want to do since I want to be known for quality work and outstanding customer service. I think what I'll do is to profile, grind, and heat treat these all together and then finish the handles in batches of 10-15 so that the fit and finish doesn't suffer.

I know that at least two people have orders in that will be Christmas presents and I plan to have them finished by Dec 01. If anyone else needs theirs by Christmas let me know and I'll move theirs to the front of the list. Otherwise I will do them according to blade shape because similar blade shape means similar handle shape = repetition and quality.

Jason- as sated above take your time and enjoy the process Reading your previous posts you truly have a passion for this and it shows in the finished product. I am sure we will all continue to drool over past photos as we wait patiently for ours.

Jason- as sated above take your time and enjoy the process Reading your previous posts you truly have a passion for this and it shows in the finished product. I am sure we will all continue to drool over past photos as we wait patiently for ours.

Thanks, I hope the wait will be worth it. I personally have a hard time shipping off every single knife. I love them and want to keep them all!

Back