1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Wilson Tactical Umnumzaan NEW pivot!! Update W/ PICS

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by TMCGLASSON36, Sep 17, 2012.

1. TMCGLASSON36

TMCGLASSON36 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Just order my first wilson umnum called them before the order, looks like all the Umnum's will have the new pivot from now on. Got my regular Umnum in with the new pivot and love it. By the way they have 24 in stock. I think a can say that here. Ill post pics when it comes in.:D

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  2. Tman68

Tman68 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 6, 2012
    I have been in love with this knife for a minute. Might be time to make the move but I keep going back and forth on something else I am comparing it to.....

3. dflores

dflores

Dec 29, 2011
    Love the way the umnum looks but it just didn't fit well in my hands :*( I wish it did!!! But thank god i scored a large starbenza in the cove the other week!

4. Tim616

Tim616

Sep 13, 2011
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have one due in tommorow from this batch and I ordered it cause I thought it would have the old pivot and I wanted another Umnum with the classic pivot.... Guess I'll have to deal wid it.... word....

5. Steel_Addiction

Steel_Addiction Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2011

Any pictures of the new style pivot on the startac??

I am very curious to see how they look compared to the the reg Zaan.

6. m1ghtysauc3

m1ghtysauc3

Feb 10, 2011
    I hope this will be my next CRK.

7. JNewell

JNewell Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 18, 2005
    It's a great knife, really...very different from the Sebenzas, though IMO not better or worse. I had one of the very early ones, decided it didn't agree with me and sold it. I had a change of heart late last year and bought another one, and I like that one enough to have just bought a spare yesterday. :thumbup:

8. TMCGLASSON36

Jul 23, 2006
    Just opened the package and all I can say is I like the new pivot and this is my first Wilson. Now I need a matching large anyone anyone LOL. Here is some quick pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. RiverRat84

RiverRat84

Sep 21, 2011
    Good lord I want one!!!

Thanks for the pics:thumbup:

10. TMCGLASSON36

Jul 23, 2006
    That thing is awesome. I just sent back a regular to KFA because I didnt like it but this is a different story all together. The feel is completely different.

11. ridnovir

ridnovir Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2012
    WoW...I cannnnnnnot resssssist!

12. RobCamlin

RobCamlin

Jul 18, 2012
    It looks like they adjusted the milling on the handle to better fit the new pivot size, I think it looks great.

13. TMCGLASSON36

Jul 23, 2006
    I like it better than the regular pivot. I know people are going to hate but I like the fact I don't need a special tool to adjust it.
    I can't stop touching it. My LG micarta insingo is getting angry. LOL

14. MRaymond

MRaymond

Jan 27, 2012
    I would get this one instead of a regular. I like the milling better. That "unfinished" look would bug me on a regular umnumzaan.

15. frontline29

frontline29

Oct 7, 2008
    The new pivot looks much better on this version. Congrads!

16. kennywoo

kennywoo Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2012
    The Wilson version looks real nice, great clean look to the knife.

17. franzdom

franzdom

Sep 6, 2012
    Wow I love their stuff. It's nice seeing they adjusted the grooving, I expect they will do that soon on the regular one too.

18. Steel_Addiction

Steel_Addiction Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Damn....thanks for the pictures....I'm now $450 poorer, but the good news is there should be one just like that one coming to me on the big brown truck next week!!

Can't wait!

Now, I have to sell off a Sebenza to keep the wife happy...

19. 1AbominAble1

1AbominAble1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Oh I wish that I wouldn't have opened this thread, now I have to have one.
    It looks WAY BETTER than the new pivot on the regular model, I just wish that they made a Tanto StarTac- that'd be heaven to me :D
    I've carried my atanto Umnum for around 2 years, maybe it needs a break so that I can get a StarTac.
    Great pics, thanks for sharing.

20. blackend

blackend Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2002
    This knife is just plain bad ass! With either pivot.