1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

wolverine boots - any good?

Discussion in 'Wilderness & Survival Skills' started by csp20108, Jul 21, 2004.

1. csp20108

csp20108

Sep 9, 2002
    Cabela's is having a sale on these Wolverine boots. Does anyone know if they're any good for general deer hunting?

2. Hotrod

Hotrod

Mar 19, 2003
    Friend of mine swears by em...

Me personally, I would go for redwings... most everyone I know, whether mechanics, or working plant floors, trust their toes to redwing! :cool:

3. Grateful

Grateful Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 5, 2002
    I like Wolverines alot. I work 12 hour shifts in a glass plant and spend all day on my feet. After trying several different brands I found wolverines to be best for me.

4. longbow50

longbow50

Jul 12, 2002
    The last pair of Wolverines I owned were still made in the USA and lasted me a considerable time for hunting and brush busting. Paid that same amount for them 15 years ago and I was happy with them. However, they didn't have any arch support, which now-a-days is a must for me.

5. ohoisin

ohoisin

Dec 28, 1999
    got a pair of wolverine durashock soled boots, very comfortable and hard wearing they almost feel like sneakers but are calf high lace ups

6. blgoode

blgoode

Oct 3, 2003
    I grew up wearing a simple pair of leather uppers and rubber soled wolv. ALOT! I didnt like the new style after the pair I had wore out so I opted for the Redwing ankle high leather boots. I wear them everyday for about 4 years each pair. I'm on my 3rd at the moment of the exact style redwing boots and I'll never look back.

When I bought the first pair they were about 60 dollars. This last pair was 120 I think.

Either brand is worth it........