Wood score!...maybe

Well I finally met up with Jay today. You can't even imagine how much wood this guy has. It would put alot of wood stores to shame for sure. I didn't really have the time to browse for hours although I could have. Alot of his stuff was huge boards for funiture making. He had some of the nicest quilted Maple I have ever seen in 12 foot boards that were at least 2" thick. He is moving in about a year so I will have many chances to swing by and pick up more stuff. Today I got"
Alot of crotch and feathered Walnut. One plank being about 3' tall a foot wide and 2" thick. I won't be able to use all of it but Im figuring at least 6-8 sets for sure
About 75 lbs of curly fiddleback Maple. He had a grocery cart of cutoffs that he sold me for 50.00. Ill never be able to use it all so I will probably sell some of it off.
Bubinga
Really nice curly cherry
A couple big burl caps of poplar burl. Ive never seen it before so I had to pick it up
Really nice curly pink Ivory
Black Ash Burl
A set of bookmatched Amboyna burl that is amazing. I can probably get 3-4 sets out of it.
A ton of lacewood cut differently
Wenge
Ebony

He had a few things he is working on and a tablecloth table. Wow, that guy is talented. Ill post up some pics when I get time and if anyone needs some curly Maple let me know!

Sweet. Can't wait to see some pics. I might have to get some of that maple from you....I think I'm going to try putting handles on a few knives.

Here are some crappy phone pics
Lacewood
download2.jpg

Fiddleback Maple
download1.jpg

All that stuff in the box looks like this
download4.jpg

Big block of Feathered Walnut. Not sure what the wood next to it is but its real nice.
dgdfg.jpg

Crotch Walnut. Have about 6 sets of this
download5.jpg

Maple burl
download3.jpg

Brown Mallee Burl
download6.jpg

A lot of nice pieces there. Can't wait to see them put to good use.

Back