1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

WTB: Horton edc blood

Discussion in 'Horton Knives' started by racingfirefighter, Feb 9, 2012.

1. racingfirefighter

racingfirefighter

Feb 2, 2010
    I'm not to sure just how this works but I'm looking to buy a Horton EDC Blood. Have been stalking BF for a while now looking for one for sale but im always a day late. So if anyone is even thinking about parting with one of these beauties let me know. I want on in S7. Thanks guys.

2. ob1korobi

ob1korobi

Jun 8, 2007
    Good luck. They come up a couple of times a year. And you only need one. It's all I use these days for a fixed EDC.

3. racingfirefighter

racingfirefighter

Feb 2, 2010
    Yeah. I've wanted one for a while and I see previous posts where J let them go for a steal but they seem to get sold as fast as they are posted. Love the design and the steel used. Im always a day late. I may just have to beg him to custom make me one.

4. Jeremy Horton

Jeremy Horton

Oct 1, 2007
    The guys with fixed blades are holding them seems like. I haven't made one (any fixed blades) in 4 months. And I don't know when I will make another that's not in my backlog of about 10 blades. That's the last of my orders. From years ago.

5. racingfirefighter

racingfirefighter

Feb 2, 2010
    Yeah seems like they arent about to let them slip out of their hands just yet. Id so take a tac 4 folder if it was plausible in s7. Those suckas are a work of art.

6. Jeremy Horton

Jeremy Horton

Oct 1, 2007
    You will prob just see folders in some form of D2. CPM or reg. Damascus or. .......???

7. racingfirefighter

racingfirefighter

Feb 2, 2010
    D2, cpm-d2. And damascus? I do dig those damascus blades. Whats the damascus makeup on those? So are those just your fave steels to work with at the moment or?

8. Jeremy Horton

Jeremy Horton

Oct 1, 2007
    Naw. They are the best steels for me. Overall. That I have ever used. And I've used alot

9. Jeremy Horton

Jeremy Horton

Oct 1, 2007
    I use Chad Nichols Damascus. Stainless and Carbon.

10. racingfirefighter

racingfirefighter

Feb 2, 2010
    Are the damascus blades alot more than the standard d2 and cpm-D2 blades you are making J? Ive seen your folder go for upward of 500 on arizona customs knives website so was wondering how much i need to set aside for one.

11. Jeremy Horton

Jeremy Horton

Oct 1, 2007
    Upward of 500 u mean 685 to 750. A damascus blade is A 100 dollar upcharge from d2

12. Jeremy Horton

Jeremy Horton

Oct 1, 2007
    I don't charge as much. But I also don't take any orders. I put stuff that's available for sale on forum

13. racingfirefighter

racingfirefighter

Feb 2, 2010
    Yeah. Your folders are going for a nice chunk of change but im sure they are worth it. Ill make sure i keep my eye out on the forum for one for sale then. Hopefully someone gives me a heads up on one they are willing to part with.

14. Jeremy Horton

Jeremy Horton

Oct 1, 2007
    People here are real friendly. Man. You will get a knife. No worries

15. racingfirefighter

racingfirefighter

Feb 2, 2010
    Ive noticed that. Its like a big family. I got my spyderco para 2 in 20cp from here. Been scouring the forums for knives everyday after work. Im on the prowl.

16. Jamescaan

Jamescaan

Mar 11, 2010
    I had two guys point me to a folder when I was looking. I wasnt a member at the forum it was for sale at, so they got me in touch with him. These are good guys here. Hell, I've made a couple of pretty good buddys here. Even had a guy send me some knives to try out.

And, if you like the folder... Wait till you see the tomahawk. :) Its under the back seat in my pickup everywhere I go.

17. racingfirefighter

racingfirefighter

Feb 2, 2010
    Ive seen pics of the Tomahawk. Its freaking awesome. Right now I just keep a DeadOn demolition hammer tucked on the side of my seat for stupid people. Otherwise I always have a sidearm and knife on. Never can be too careful entering houses to repo them these days. Thanks for the info Jamescaan.