1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

XXL Curly Koa Camp Cutter

Discussion in 'Knife Maker's Gallery' started by BenR.T., Jun 17, 2012.

1. BenR.T.

BenR.T. Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 18, 2011
    This is a new bowie I just finished up (still needs a sheath). It is my first time doing a tapered tang, and surprisingly it turned out quite well.
    The Blade is .214" 5160 and the handle is curly Koa w/ stainless pins. This is kind of a new style for me with this type of dropped edge at the handle, without a large radius there.
    The OAL is 15", with a 9 7/8" blade.
    Let me know what you guys think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  2. amflud

amflud Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    She's a beaut! I love everything about that knife and would be proud to have it in my collection.

3. White Feather Blades

White Feather Blades KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Great lookin blade Ben!

4. BenR.T.

BenR.T. Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 18, 2011
    Thanks guys!! I just added a few sheath pics.

5. Gody

Gody

Jul 20, 2011
    Very nice Ben. Love the lines on that one.