1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

You are here

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Micthebear, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Micthebear

Micthebear

Jul 14, 2012
    After reading a few post on guys going to retreats, survival camps, and such I began to wonder... Where are all you people... There's nothing like this, at least that I know of, in my area. Soooo, I am curious as to where everyone resides. I'm not trying to come visit you or stalk anyone, just wanting a general idea. Heck some of you could be my neighbors or at least within driving, hiking, boating, distance... May be interested in forming some kind of survival group or something.

I reside in Southern Oklahoma

2. m.j.carp

m.j.carp

Apr 25, 2012
    I live in Eastern South Dakota. The overall lack of trees doesn't help when testing out my Beckers (I own a 14 and a 7 that bounces back from my older brother to me). Luckily, my girlfriend's mom lives on an acreage with some trees, and I also have another friend who lives at an old farm house with some trees, as well.

3. Wolf_1989

Wolf_1989

Mar 30, 2007
    Out in the hills o' Southeast Ohio.

4. Micthebear

Micthebear

Jul 14, 2012
    Well that's extremely helpful....:b

5. tomsch

tomsch Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2004
    I'm a Becker owner and user but not a Beckerhead. I'm in the Sierra foothills in Northern CA.

6. bsmith_shoot

bsmith_shoot

Jun 6, 2012
    I'm one of those lucky guys that God placed in the Appalachian Mountains. On top of that, my dad has always been an avid outdoorsman. I've been fishing, hunting, hiking, camping, and shooting, since I was 4 or 5. As I got older, and interested more, we started buying books and videos, learning all these great bushcrafting skills. We started trapping, learning primitive skills, got into prepping, started canning, dehydrating, drying, and preserving food. We grow over 2 acre of garden a year. Looking back, I was as close to heaven as a kid could be, on earth. I was, and am, very lucky.

7. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Well its time to get a beckerhead number tomsch! you been BF member for damn near 8 years, hell you should of been had a number! theres members that have only been alive for twice that!

8. OutdoorsFamilyMan4

OutdoorsFamilyMan4

Jan 20, 2012
    The flats of Northwestern Ohio

9. DxAxN

DxAxN

Oct 22, 2012
    I am in Southern CA

10. RogueBowie

RogueBowie

Nov 16, 2011
    Same!

11. Translash

Translash Doing evil things... Platinum Member

Jan 18, 2011
    new york...

12. diced

diced

Sep 26, 2012
    Chicago, until I can escape to Appalachia or S. Dakota

13. K9-Handler

K9-Handler

Jan 27, 2012
    Not after Hurricane Sandy comes through on Tuesday!!! :eek:

14. m.j.carp

m.j.carp

Apr 25, 2012
    What part of South Dakota are you thinking of moving to, if I may ask?

15. TwinStick

TwinStick

Jan 21, 2011
    Western NY State. Around Buffalo.

16. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Philadelphia

17. wrknives

wrknives

Dec 5, 2011
    Thats sorta creepy....Haha:D Well, looks like I will be the first in New Mexico if I become a beckerhead!

18. Jonny1280

Jonny1280 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2012
    The Great Pacific NorthWest.

19. camoninja

camoninja

Feb 11, 2007
    SC until March then back to S. Fl. :(