you know you're a knife guy when...

When your almost two year old daughter slips the Starbenza out of your pocket, undetected, then clips it on her pants and goes about her business. Then, a few minutes later, your wife shows you a picture saying "you should be proud!" Daddy's girl!

You, sir, have the coolest 2 y/o daughter ever. :D

When you can't figure out what folder the person in front of you in the check out line has clipped in their pocket. Then when they notice you are looking at them, you have to ask (if not already identified) to remove SOME awkwardness from the situation.

When your almost two year old daughter slips the Starbenza out of your pocket, undetected, then clips it on her pants and goes about her business. Then, a few minutes later, your wife shows you a picture saying "you should be proud!" Daddy's girl!
image-11_zps0369bdbe.jpg

Nice.
When you can get hours of entertainment from your knives.
When you decide you need a special collection of knives strictly for travel in case they get stolen.
When someone asks you how many knives you have you can't respond with a number, but rather with the word a s**tload

You, sir, have the coolest 2 y/o daughter ever. :D

I think so, but I figured I may me a little biased.

99% of these describe me to a 'T'.
Arm hair missing....check
Paint on truck missing waist high..... Check
Look at value in terms of knives......Check
Refresh on the Delivery Confirmation page every 3 min...Check
Sharpening as a stress relieving activity.....check
I feel that 95% of knives are too dull.....check
Family and friends are ALWAYS handing you their dead knives for you to revive...check
Always have a knife designated as a loaner so you don't give the death stare... Check
My wife reads these and laughed as hard as I did....Check

When you pick up the table knife in a restaurant and wrinkle your nose in disgust at its edge.

When you are using your newly sharpened knife and slip and cut your finger but instead of being upset you are impressed with how clean and painless the cut was due to your sweet sharpening skills.

When one of your favorite movie lines is "that's not a knife this is a knife!" And you get excited thinking about a perfect scenario to say that line

When you skipped Jack Reacher but hearing upon a Busse scene you watch the movie for the knife's sake.
When you went in great length about the transformation of Austenite to Martensite to a point your partner can repeat that after you.
When you felt a bad day is the day you forgot about your EDC but you forgotten you packed a few more knives on your backpack and your keychain.
When you fiddled the steak knife and admire it more than that curvy model next table...

When you read the word "Opinion", but your brain auto-completes it as "Opinel".

Last edited:
When your Inbox at the office fills up with "Please see me" notes just before the holidays (so you can sharpen all their knives).

When your 21 yo daughter has a knife in her pocket when she goes out on a date.

When your wife is the only person in her office able to open boxes that don't have a "pull string."

Hahaha had a good chuckle at all of these

Here's some:

.When you stress more after finding out you don't have your knife on you compared to finding out you don't have your wallet or cellphone on you
.Your knife goes in your pocket first before anything else
.You've gotten used to the stares people give you after producing a knife from your pocket to cut something
.You'd rather cut wrapping paper with your knife than with a pair of scissors
.Your friend reaches into your pocket without asking and grabs your knife to cut something, because he knows you always carry a knife
.I do this following one a lot out of habit: You swipe your hand over any flat surface in a sharpening motion "sharpening" your hand
.Your friends and girlfriend have gotten used to you inspecting the knife on the table at a restaurant and it isn't weird anymore to them at all
.You sharpen the knives found in the draw of the building you staying in for holiday, even though they not yours, because you can't stand blunt knives
.You don't understand why knives aren't allowed at school/university, but scissors are

Back when I was still in school my teachers got used to me always having a knife in my pocket, and one teacher actually asked to use mine a few times. Been carrying a knife on me everyday since I was 13. I feel naked without one. As soon as I put pants on, my knife goes in my pocket. I can go without my cellphone and wallet, but my knife always is on me

- You spend more time thinking on which knife to carry that day than in your closet picking out your clothes.

When you feel naked without one.

When you can't figure out what folder the person in front of you in the check out line has clipped in their pocket. Then when they notice you are looking at them, you have to ask (if not already identified) to remove SOME awkwardness from the situation.

image-11_zps0369bdbe.jpg

Absolute class!

When you have one on you, or near you, any time and everywhere except maybe in the shower...
LOL, I used to take my Boye cobalt or Mayo covert to shower, until I lost the covert at a BBQ event:(:(:(
You can frequently identify the knife in a stranger's pocket just by seeing the clip.
True dat! I can almost always easily identify the knives people carry from the clips, or at least the brand name of them.

I resemble these remarks. LOL

Bald patches of arm hair. (and legs)
Small cuts all over my hands and fingers.
Holes at the bottom of all of my t-shirts from wiping my blades off.

Back