You might spend too much time in the bush if:

when your wife yells at you for the umteenth time to stop burning stuff in the house.

when the garage looks like a military surplus store, a leather shop, and a blacksmith had a baby...and i`m in the woods.

when you have a system that works to get the smoke out and smoke alarms to stop going off in the house.

when you keep a stepstool strategically placed to take the smoke detectors out of the known "trouble areas" before you start the fun.

When you don't have a descent piece of clothing to go out with friends for a drink, but your outdoor wardrobe has an estimated value of some thousands euros.

When you are in the outdoors and your friends order you bannocks like you are a baker.

When you try to jerky every piece of meat you find.

Last edited:
When you put one of the following words in front of every piece of kit you have:
Recon
Scout
Ranger
Pathfinder
Alpine
Recce
Ultralight
Bushwacker
Bushcraft
Field

Example:
In my bag I have my bushcraft hat, scout bottle, alpine pot set and ranger spork.

When people come and ask you about something camping related or related to the bush locally ( i use the term very loosely here .. local to me is nsw / vic / qld area :) anywhere witing 3 or 4 tanks of fuel distance is local to me ) and preface it with " you'd know .. how / where / what " tho , as if youre some kind of guru .. then you feel like not only do you spend to much time in the bush but its time to get back out there to get away from people again :)

When you go to a fancy restaurant and start to boil your drinking water over the table candles!

You wonder how much it would cost to paint a vehicle in a favorite camo pattern.

when you don't want to wash out that camp fire smell, but the women gives you #*%&

when someone asks you for a light and you hand them a firesteel...

When your friend comes by to see if you wanna take off for a weekend in the woods....

...and you're already packed.

... now, which knife ? hmmm...

... starting fungus on fire excites you; not to mention you do it as many ways you can think of.

When someone asks you for a light and you pull out a bison rib and start spinning a stick.

When you are reading this thread to the wife and she realizes she has never started a fire with matches or a lighter. I love my wife!!!

You wallow in the muck more than an elk or wild hog to keep the bugs off.

The stuff on the kitchen table waiting for the next outing takes up more room than you have room to eat.

When you believe the only decent purpose that electricity serves is allowing you to lurk around in the W&S on bladeforums :)

Back