• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

You Name It - You Get It **Winner Selected**

TK Steingass

Knifemaker - Buckeye
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Gentlemen:

I’m a big fan of the sheepsfoot blade as a work knife or EDC…..nothing cuts like it and there’s all different ways to hold the knife with this style. I’m having trouble giving this design a snappy name so I’m putting up the user grade knife in 3V up for grabs. Submit your idea in this thread and if my panel of judges (wife, son, and daughter-in-kaw) select your name for the knife, you get the 3V knife for free. Anyone can enter, however there are just a few rules: No sexually explicit names will be considered – you want your wife or girl to order one for you don’t you?! Your submittal should be original and not named after an existing knife. The final rule is that the winner can do as he pleases with the knife, i.e., keep it, give it away, or sell it because it’s his knife once he takes possession of it. I would like this exercise to be fun and to thank the BF members that have been so kind to me. The User Grade has a small ding on the flat on the obverse side - it happened when my Dremel skipped across the table - it's minor and free of charge. :D

I plan on selling future versions of the user grade in D-2 or 3V for about $165 while the Presentation Grade version in W-2 and hamon will sell for $265. The Presentation Grade model shown here with Desert Ironwood burl scales and red liners is for sale. The handle is sized for four finger use with thumb grooves on the spine, plus, the knife can be held with the back three fingers and index finger on the forward set of serrations. The sheath I designed for this knife can be worn right, left, cross-draw or behind the back. A very useful EDC I think, and distinctive looking. I hope you like it! The first “I’ll take it” gets it. $265 plus $15 shipping.SOLD Paypal payment preferred to my account tksteingass@frontier.com. I'll let this ride a few days and when the winner is selected, I'll revise the title to say Winner Selected. Here’s the specs, and, let’s have a little fun.:):)

V/R,

TK

3/16” CPM 3V HT to Rc 60-61
¼” W-2 HT to Rc 60-61
Thumb and finger serrations
3 3/4" hollow ground blade (tip to scales)
7" OAL
Black paper micarta or Desert Ironwood Burl scales
Tapered tang with red liners
416 stainless furniture
240 grit satin finish User Grade
2000 grit hand rubbed finish and etch Presentation Grade
8-10 oz ambidextrous sheath

IMG_4460.jpg

IMG_4461.jpg

IMG_4462.jpg

IMG_4463.jpg

IMG_4464.jpg

IMG_4459.jpg

Last edited:
Why not call you blade "Mjolnir".

I like to work with leather, and recently joined you fine forum because I've started making knife sheaths. I was looking for some Celtic or Viking art for my next sheath and found this image on bing. I then searched the term "Mjolnir" and learned that in Norse mythology, it mean Hammer of Thor. Seems an appropriate name for bladesmithing!

John

viking-tour-mjolnir.jpg

TK Toiler

"One that labors continuously; works strenuously." Definitely a fitting name for a little work horse of a knife.

Last edited:
Great little knife, it reminds me of my "Hognose" snake. It's short and stout and has a big bite.

Back