Your 1st Randall?

Carmelien

Your Model 5 is a great looking knife, one of the most popular of the RMK family and IMO it is the best all around RMK.
Good choice.

BTW you are not allowed only 1 RMK. It is against the rules!!!
Just kiddin'!!

randallmodel5.jpg

Thanks CLK!

Glad you like it. I know I do.

And you're right about getting that itch to snag anther one...

We'll see what the budget allows...

My first Randall was a model #18 Attack - Survival bought in 1981 . Catalog price then was $195 -

Last edited:
I collect, not Randalls, but I believe every collection deserves a Randall. My one and only is a 5-5 bought many years ago second hand but in new condition. It is a beautiful and well made knife, and is obviously a useful and utilitarian tool. It is old enough to have the maker's name on the blade. I would not buy a current Randall for lack of the true maker's name on it.
lawp
All the knive's that I've seen that come from the Randall shop are marked with the Randall logo.
Any other name on the blade my be the name of the origional purchaser wich is an option that Randall offers.

Yep. Gary's name happens to be "Randall." Funny how that works.

He'll be retiring soon. Guess what? Jase and Mikey's names are "Randall" too.

Not to mention that, after about 1948 or so, Bo rarely made a knife himself. Not to say that he didn't, but the odds are against it.

So what's your point? Do you really think nobody but Chris Reeve ever touches a CRK? Or Jerry a Bussse?

(Sorry if I'm late to this dust-up; have been preoccupied elsewhere.)

lawp
All the knive's that I've seen that come from the Randall shop are marked with the Randall logo.
Any other name on the blade my be the name of the origional purchaser wich is an option that Randall offers.
Yes, all knives from the Randall shop have the Randall logo, and a few of them might actually be touched by a Randall. They have many talented knifemakers there, producing a huge volume of very fine knives. None of those knives are actually made by anyone named Randall. I collect custom knives with the maker's name on them.

Last edited:
Well, then, why are you posting here? Or are you just trolling? If so, we have ways of dealing with that. And you're right there on the border line.

Yes, all knives from the Randall shop have the Randall logo, and a few of them might actually be touched by a Randall. They have many talented knifemakers there, producing a huge volume of very fine knives. None of those knives are actually made by anyone named Randall.

lawp,

This is a recent photo of Jason Randall / Gary's son / Bo's grandson. It wasn't staged. It's what he does (Works in the shop):

orig.jpg

Best,

We haven't had a good blow-up here since OICU812. Hope this one will give us a run for the money.

Slightly bigger guns in play now, though.

Back in 2001 when I toured the shop, they had 6 knifemakers, dont know which one ended up making my knife but they were all masters at what they do so to me it didnt matter. Im just happy to own my knife and am proud that its a Randall!

The logic of not wanting to collect Randall knives because a true "Randall" never made it or touched it is like saying, I'll never drive a Ford because a Ford did not really make it or perhaps a Toyota, I'll never drive a Toyota because a Toyota did not build it.

Dan in Kalifornia

Bo did use the Norton tri hone that Jason is using though,Jason said so on another forum.

Samael, not sure what your point is, but as the moderator here, I don't like the tone of your last three posts. Tone it it down or cork it until you can.

My first and only Randall was a #2 - 8 fighter in 1961. I was stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC at the time as an airborne pfc. It cost me a months pay and took 3 months to get there. I loved it! I was discharged at the beginning of '63 but a buddy of mine re-upped for combat duty in Nam. I was reading a letter from him bout three months into his tour and realized that I had opened it with the Randall. Twenty minutes later the Randall was packed, addressed, and on it's way to Vietnam. When he got back, he said that it was the greatest gift anyone ever gave him and that many a night he slept with it in his underwear. The highlights of the list of stuff guys offered him for that Randall included a Smietzer submachine gun, a broom handled Mauser, several Lugers, a jeep, and half a whorhouse. He was tempted with the bordello but he didn't trust the guy. He offered it back to me but I turned him down. The knife was blooded with his hand and it belonged to him forever.

Great story Winchester! Half the bordello tho? I woulda been tempted...lol

Back