Your favorite bushcraft knife with 3 to 5 in. blade?

Adam at AAforge made me the last bushie that i purchased, O1 and ironwood (keepin it simple). He makes a fantastic blade. I do like my spyderco bushcraft, and if im in the woods in the winter I usually carry my Entrek forester in 440c.

Man! Thats an old one. Prettying up service is free. Send her in and pay return shipping. Anytime.

Bondy, thats fine work. Nice one.

Both fantastic. Great work Brian.

I actually, finally, own one of mine. Loving it too. I've used this one to skin some Maple, that I once again have cut intending to do a bow.

op102_1668-vi.jpg

And Chris and I did a bunch of Bushcrafting with this Recluse.

March100_1772-vi.jpg

Fiddleback, how did your bow turn out? I just finished a file knife that I intend to use a lot for bow making. Does any know know if you can post pictures from an iPhone?

This is a great old thread. I've learned a tremendous amount from it and would like to see it continue if that's OK. I've been interested in the subject of bushcraft (I've always been a knifenut) since childhood but never found an interested mentor. I bought a few books but it got lost amid my other interests until fairly recently through the wonderful tools provided by the Internet. Funny enough, I hadn't heard of the tv celebs until seeing Ray Mears on YouTube. This and other forums have educated me a lot, plus doing, so please.... Any more input? I'm sure time has changed old or created new opinions.

Back