1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Your favorite movie sword? Pics

Discussion in 'Sword Discussion' started by Luke., Aug 6, 2012.

1. Luke.

Luke.

Mar 22, 2012
    Whats your favorite sword from a movie? Or moment from a movie including a sword?

My favorite is the scene from 300, phalanx does it job then Leonidas draws and all you know what breaks loose!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  2. der_vincent

der_vincent

Dec 9, 2011
  3. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    [video=youtube;siCPozekiro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siCPozekiro[/video]

4. SBranson

SBranson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 29, 2006
  5. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    I'm looking forward to when you do a sword for a movie, Stuart. I'd like to see you do a version of that sword of valleria.

6. Luke.

Luke.

Mar 22, 2012
    Awesome movie! Love that the cocky young pretender got schooled by the older, far more experienced blade master.

7. JParanee

JParanee Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2006
  8. GRIM 62

GRIM 62

Mar 29, 2009
    Really good duel scenes!:thumbup:

9. I.N.F.K

I.N.F.K

Jul 7, 2012
    this says it all
    [​IMG][/IMG]

10. horseclover

horseclover

Nov 21, 2000
    Sleepy Hollow sssssssssssnake hilt. Missed the Albion version. Windlass should hv=ave them in the coming weeks (per their cs) Kind of bland but I likessssssss it.
    [​IMG]

The other is probably the sequences of Ichi films. That and too many to mention from good old Japanese films and the swords.
    [​IMG]

The Duelists swords I kind of take for granted. Then there is Marlon Brando with his spadroon in Mutiny On The Bounty. Lots of accurate historic types appear in film. Of those military films, probably the nicest I appreciate is the eagle pommel handed to Crow by the French captain (playing doctor) in Master&Commander. I have a screenshot somewhere but I've better pictures of a similar type of hilt.

[​IMG]

Cheers

GC

11. horseclover

horseclover

Nov 21, 2000
    Here are those screenshots. Same eagle type, anyway.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Luke.

Luke.

Mar 22, 2012
  13. JParanee

Dec 23, 2006
  14. C.S. Graves

C.S. Graves

Jun 13, 2006
    The masked dude's kris in Queens of Langkasuka:

[youtube]7Y_Ft_-7bFg[/youtube]

And the many dha/krabi in Bang Rajan:

[youtube]257_aZK9RnI[/youtube]

15. SBranson

SBranson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 29, 2006
  16. JParanee

Dec 23, 2006
    Yes Stuart I agree Kurosawa & Mifune rock :)

17. Hans17

Hans17

Mar 11, 2012
    Is this really even debatable?

[​IMG]

18. bernard_s3

bernard_s3

Apr 15, 2011
    :thumbup:

19. BePrepared

BePrepared

Aug 26, 2010

you win.

20. never too sharp

never too sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2007
    I liked the Kurgan's sword in The highlander because it was a take-down. It wasn't ornate or very original, and the little blades on the hilt seem kind of pointless, but they were scary.