Your knife at the restaurant...

Alex17

BANNED
Do you use a personal knife at the restaurant? If yes, which one?
How do people react? Do you care?
Any funny (or sad) stories?

Yup, usually my Queen Cutlery Gunstock slipjoint. It does excellent service as a steak knife.

I have used a knife a few times. I do it at work to cut food a lot more. A lot of people seem to think its ridiculous (my wife is downright horrified when I do it), but its not like I am using a monster knife. It is usually just a swiss army knife. Don't understand the big deal personally.

No. I eat steak that's well made and juicy (medium minus), and cut it with serrated knife.
But mostly I eat fork only kind of food (salads).

I have used my own knife at a couple steak places. I swear some places give you what might make a decent butter knife for your steak. :barf:

'
The last time it happened I used a Spyderco Police 3. On a date with a gal. She laughed and said it was awesome. :D

My daughter and I frequent a Greek sandwich shop where we usually get a hamburger and a grilled fish sandwich and we each have half of each sandwich. I use either my Swamp Rat Rat Trap or my LionSteel SR1 to cut the sandwiches. Place is usually full of cops, EMTs and firemen, and no one seems to take any notice. People in this state usually have common sense.

I use my Strider PT as needed. Comments range from "nice knife", to the waitresses offering, "I'm sorry, let me bring you a knife".

I've used my Lahar at Outback after shredding the first two bites with the oversized butter knife they offered. You'd think a "steak house" would have "steak knives!" My wife just shook her head but didn't say anything. My daughter thought it was cool!

Sometimes. It makes the food taste better. :rolleyes:

49be237929dd599b4a30e3bc0dd47ad7a6732960ceb41b8258747dda44d8dc245g.jpg

A few times. The knife was the first table utensil, and you had to bring your own, just maintain the tradition since it is sometimes necessary.

I've used My Spyderco Kopa at a local Steakhouse, bartender gave me a free beer because he was a knifenut and we sat and talked EDC for a few minutes.

schrade old timer. thinking of using a bigger folder next time too. got to gather up the courage first.

I use my Manix 2 all the time at Outback. The girlfriend tried it once....and now always uses my knife as well. I got her a BM Mini Griptillian, so maybe she will start using her own :thumbup::D

Last edited:
I use this all the time:

IMG_4017.jpg

Custom David Mosier. It's smaller then his usual because I currently live in Japan, which has some serious kinfe laws. Lots of local resturants have chopsticks but no silverwear, which is fine for the wife and I but difficult for the 4 and 2 year olds. So I use it to cut up their food. No one has ever said anything, but I'm always extremely discrete with it.

I sometimes do it if the knife is really bad, but my dad always whips out the ZDP-189 Spyderco Caly Jr. at any restaurant we go to. He also brings a big ol' bottle of the "rooster" hot sauce to places too...lol.

Dad just doesn't care. He's going to enjoy himself and make things easier/better for him no matter where or what.

Back