ZT 0180 Hard Use

Interesting test, thanks! Seems like ZT makes a good product!

Thanks man, the very least that could be said is that they used a great steel and didn't mess the heat treatment up. But for real, it's a really good knife with a mismatched sheath. It could be a little better in the ergonomics department but the rest is pretty damned good for an emergency or all purpose knife.

Looks like a great knife that you can trust if your in a bad situation. Thanks for the review.

Looks like a great knife that you can trust if your in a bad situation. Thanks for the review.

PcF8P5R.jpg

Any recommendations on kydex sheaths for this knife?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Nice review thanks. If you still find it too heavy to carry, too hard on your hands or for what ever reason want to get your money back then hit me up I would love to try this knife out. Again thanks for the review and bringing my attention to this knife.

Any recommendations on kydex sheaths for this knife?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

If you have a hacksaw and a drill I'd recommend making one for yourself. They're easy to make. Just buy the kydex you want, the rivets, a hand punch to set the rivets, and some sandpaper. Find some old foam that feels similar to memory foam. Back the foam up with some plyboard. Heat the kydex at 350 degrees in your oven on a cookie sheet. Bring the kydex out and wrap the knife in it quickly making sure the spine is against the fold the length of the knife. Leave however much handle you want sticking out from the sheath. Press it between the two pieces of foam. Stand on it for about ten minutes until the kydex almost fully cools. Cut off the excess kydex leaving about 1/2 to 3/4 inch of kydex for the rivets. Measure where you want the rivets to go. Drill the appropriate sized hole. Insert and set the rivets. Drill a small hole near the tip to allow water and debris to escape. It should be really tight at this point, use a hair dryer or space heater on the mouth and gently roll the lip out just a little. That'll loosen it up just a bit and make extracting the knife easier while retaining the retention and tightness of the rest of the sheath. Sand the edges. Weave paracord through the holes in a criss cross pattern. You know have a sheath that can be carried horizontally, vertically, or scout style. If the paracord ever stretches you can replace it easily.

Nice review thanks. If you still find it too heavy to carry, too hard on your hands or for what ever reason want to get your money back then hit me up I would love to try this knife out. Again thanks for the review and bringing my attention to this knife.

Thanks man, after replacing the handles with some beautiful buckeye burl it fits my hand really well and is super comfortable. I wouldn't sell it now even though it just basically sits attached to my body armor. It's an emergency type tool at this point. Still recommended if the price is right.

jd9pi98.jpg

These are tough knives . You are in the area of abuse . The steel is really tough. I and three other hunters field dressed 10 wild pigs in a day and it just did not slow down . Great hunter or bag knife. Sheath is useable , but needs a bit of redesign.
It will baton wood easily or strip bark . Joints do not slow it down much . At dealer sale it is worth the $ 220 asked .

FWO

Back