1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

ZT 0620/Emerson design

Discussion in 'Emerson Knives' started by jmorton10, Feb 26, 2017.

1. bwall85

bwall85 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Agreed I dig em!

They're micarta tho ;)

2. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    When I first got my 0620 I was unhappy to find out that the lockup was so early and the lockbar tension so low that while gripping the knife I could bump the lock slightly and cause the blade to unlock. I took the knife apart bent the lockbar inwards abit and now it is fine. A great knife. I wish that it would wear in abit more to be even more secure in its lock up but that will take quite a while as it has a steel lock bar tab which means that it won't be wearing in any time soon. I love the 0620. I love the CQC7 and the 0620 is kind of a relative of the 7. I am getting one of the new HD7s but unfortunately I missed out on the older model. I prefer the older models that have the backspacer rather than the standoffs and the teflon washers instead of the bearings. Oh well.

Emerson makes one of the best knives out there in my opinion, when they get it right. I have to send in my super roadhouse which has horrible lockslip, totally unacceptable.

3. SigKershaw

SigKershaw

Nov 6, 2016
    John,

Are you talking about the HD-7 as the one EKI is selling as a replacement for the 0620? Or is there another model coming out we haven't heard about yet?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Jamesh Bond

Jamesh Bond

Jan 14, 2007
    Really?

Which one is that?

5. bwall85

bwall85 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2012
    The phalanx is pretty much the same blade design but not frame lock

6. photoman12001

photoman12001 Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2008
    I just added a 0620. It replaced my 0630 just because I preferred the look of the black blade to the 0630's satin blade with that red scale. The 0620 was also a pretty good deal. I still have the 0630 orange/black sprint run though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. tokerblue

tokerblue

May 1, 2010
    Was that a dealer specific run? That's a great looking scale.

8. highestpoint

highestpoint

Aug 13, 2014
    I had the 0630 & the 0620 both in the standard s35vn and elmax versions and for some reason, not in my right mind I decided to trade them off. Wish I wouldn't have done that at this point and time.

9. gooeytek

gooeytek

Jul 12, 2011
    After a couple of tweaks, it's become one of my favorite ZTs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. photoman12001

photoman12001 Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2008
    ^^^^^Wow, awesome!

11. SigKershaw

SigKershaw

Nov 6, 2016
    Who did the regrind on that beauty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. SALTY

SALTY Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2000
    Really diggin' my 630.

13. gooeytek

gooeytek

Jul 12, 2011
    Nathawut.

14. tokerblue

tokerblue

May 1, 2010
    Is that a dragon anodized on a titanium scale?

15. tokerblue

tokerblue

May 1, 2010
    My favorite carry knife.

[​IMG]

16. harvey554

harvey554 Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 17, 2007
    tokerblue: The image isn't showing up in the browser but I did copy and paste the link to view it... I really dig that blue camo job, who did that?

*Edited to add tokerblue's image*
    [​IMG]

17. SlammedM3

SlammedM3 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Question...is there a different hardware package for these? I'm not too big of a fan of the bolt and nut style. Maybe more of an Emerson style flat head?

18. gooeytek

gooeytek

Jul 12, 2011
    yea, there was this kiosk in the mall that did laser etching on aluminum cases for iphones and ipads, and i asked to see if it was enough to heat anodize Ti, so we tested it on the ZT. Had to set it on the slowest speed for 2 passes.

19. tokerblue

tokerblue

May 1, 2010
    I never knew that. I'll have to keep that in mind for my next titanium scale.

20. tokerblue

tokerblue

May 1, 2010
    The anodizing was done by House of Blades. I provided them with a titanium clip so they could also anodize that. It's a great color combo with a pair of jeans.