ZT 0620/Emerson design

When I first got my 0620 I was unhappy to find out that the lockup was so early and the lockbar tension so low that while gripping the knife I could bump the lock slightly and cause the blade to unlock. I took the knife apart bent the lockbar inwards abit and now it is fine. A great knife. I wish that it would wear in abit more to be even more secure in its lock up but that will take quite a while as it has a steel lock bar tab which means that it won't be wearing in any time soon. I love the 0620. I love the CQC7 and the 0620 is kind of a relative of the 7. I am getting one of the new HD7s but unfortunately I missed out on the older model. I prefer the older models that have the backspacer rather than the standoffs and the teflon washers instead of the bearings. Oh well.

Emerson makes one of the best knives out there in my opinion, when they get it right. I have to send in my super roadhouse which has horrible lockslip, totally unacceptable.

I like the ZT so much I just bought a 3rd one.

That is a seriously bad-ass knife. They wave perfectly, lock up like a bank vault & hold a razor edge.

The ZT 0620 has been discontinued, probably because Emerson is releasing a virtually identical knife under the Emerson brand.

~John

John,

Are you talking about the HD-7 as the one EKI is selling as a replacement for the 0620? Or is there another model coming out we haven't heard about yet?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the ZT so much I just bought a 3rd one.

That is a seriously bad-ass knife. They wave perfectly, lock up like a bank vault & hold a razor edge.

The ZT 0620 has been discontinued, probably because Emerson is releasing a virtually identical knife under the Emerson brand.

~John
Really?

Which one is that?

I just added a 0620. It replaced my 0630 just because I preferred the look of the black blade to the 0630's satin blade with that red scale. The 0620 was also a pretty good deal. I still have the 0630 orange/black sprint run though.

_DSC4513%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpsd8ecitrt.jpg

B3D5EA19-A872-4905-9FEF-455A39C8B27D_zps1t160ioa.jpg

I had the 0630 & the 0620 both in the standard s35vn and elmax versions and for some reason, not in my right mind I decided to trade them off. Wish I wouldn't have done that at this point and time.

tokerblue: The image isn't showing up in the browser but I did copy and paste the link to view it... I really dig that blue camo job, who did that?

*Edited to add tokerblue's image*
sRU8wDK.jpg

Question...is there a different hardware package for these? I'm not too big of a fan of the bolt and nut style. Maybe more of an Emerson style flat head?

Is that a dragon anodized on a titanium scale?

yea, there was this kiosk in the mall that did laser etching on aluminum cases for iphones and ipads, and i asked to see if it was enough to heat anodize Ti, so we tested it on the ZT. Had to set it on the slowest speed for 2 passes.

yea, there was this kiosk in the mall that did laser etching on aluminum cases for iphones and ipads, and i asked to see if it was enough to heat anodize Ti, so we tested it on the ZT. Had to set it on the slowest speed for 2 passes.
I never knew that. I'll have to keep that in mind for my next titanium scale.

tokerblue: The image isn't showing up in the browser but I did copy and paste the link to view it... I really dig that blue camo job, who did that?
The anodizing was done by House of Blades. I provided them with a titanium clip so they could also anodize that. It's a great color combo with a pair of jeans.

Back