Zt0300 or ZT0200?

which zt knife would you choose? (0200,0300)

• ZT0300

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ZT0200

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Like the title says which ZT would you choose if the SHTF/zombie apocalypse.

This is a thread to end a friendly rivalry of which is a better all around knife.

keep in mind this is a friendly thread and is not meant to create a Flame war :D

have at it.

Everyone knows that mine of course is my trusty 0300 :D

I'd go with the 0200. It is not an assisted opener and I prefer that.

I like the pointier tip and handle better on the 200. Both are awesome though.

ZT0200! As said above, it has a better blade design with it's pointer tip and slimmer blade. The torsion bar doesn't really matter to me as the 0300 would be a great manual knife if the torsion bar broke. I will say I've never had a manual knife open as fast or as smoothly as my 0200.

Push. I like the lock on the 0300 better it's easier to disengage and I like the assisted open. I can't tell much difference between the blades and performance. I like the 0200 longer blade and overall profile. The thing that made me choose the 0200 is it was over $100 cheaper.

The ZT0300 feels a little more indestructible in the hand, but that might be flawed perception due to the weight difference.
I might just be blowing smoke, but I think the frame lock's a bit tougher than the liner on the 0200.
I love the AO, but if I didn't, it'd be pretty easy to just pop the torsion bar out.

I love my 0200,it's my night knife next to my bed. The price difference swayed me as this was my first ZT and I'm very glad I bought it,super smooth.
Does anyone make different colored replacement scales for the 0200?

I love my 0200,it's my night knife next to my bed. The price difference swayed me as this was my first ZT and I'm very glad I bought it,super smooth.
Does anyone make different colored replacement scales for the 0200?

not to try and tread on your post but you might want to start another thread on the replacement scales :)

good entries so far guys.

When I created this poll I meant to state more criteria...

the poll is based on which folder you would prefer in a life or death situation such as a zombie apocalypse/end of world SHTF situation.

Price would NOT be a factor in the decision as you would have both knives to choose from (hypothetically) but could only carry one with you.

also, you would have as many torsion bars replacements (if you ever needed them for the 0300) and any replacement parts for the 0200 as well. (excluding blades, liners handle slabs).

your decision may be the same but I figured I also post this.

Honestly I'm very surprised that there isn't more love for the 0300 here. :D

When SHTF, you have what you bought before SHTF.

I know, that why this was hypothetically speaking :D

If you only had the 0300 you would vote the 0300 in this poll and visa-verse with the 0200.

I'm trying to say if you had to choose between the two if they were in your hand and you could only carry one.

Ive owned both of these knives (I didnt use the ZT 200- I knew I wasnt going to keep it so I tried not to use it) and I like the ergos more on the ZT 300 (I own a 303). I also like that its slimmer and lighter, I know its not much lighter, but its noticeable. I personally could care less how much my knife weighs, but the 300 being lighter during the Zombie Apocalypse will make it easier to carry along with ammo and everything else you would need, and it will be a knife you can keep in you front pocket instead of tossing in a pack where its harder to get to. I also prefer the beefier blade of the 300 because it would last longer than the thinner blade of the 200. The torsion bar isnt a real issue for me, if it breaks then it will be one hell of a manual flipper. I just feel that the 300 is built stronger, better, especially after all the torture tests done to the 300 over the years. Dont get me wrong, I like the 200 too and I want another one, but when I got one, it just made me want the 300 more.

I just voted 300. I have both a 200 and 301. I almost never carry the 200. I love the 301, and carry it often. The bottom line is, in a SHTF scenario, I'd take the 301 because it is the more likely one to be on me. It has what seems to be better steel, mine has less recurve than my 200, I trust the lock more, it feels better in my hand, and on and on. If the torsion bar ever broke, I'm sure I could find something to take it apart and get a dimple in the blade tang so it would work better manually (as much as I like fantasy scenarios, there is only so far I can go, and I can't buy unlimited torsion bars). The final reason I'd carry the 301 is the 200 really seems like too much blade for the handle. With it clipped in my pocket, I've actually caught a finger on the tip of it even while fully folded; the blade tip comes that close to the end of the slot... and I guess my fingers are that small.

Thats the first i have heard of too much blade! No I get what you are saying. I have done that on other knives before! I like the longer blade and pointier tip myself.

Maybe its the titanium that makes the 30x feel better in hand? I haven't held a 300 yet so I don't know, just speculating in my tiny brain!

Thats the first i have heard of too much blade! No I get what you are saying. I have done that on other knives before! I like the longer blade and pointier tip myself.

Maybe its the titanium that makes the 30x feel better in hand? I haven't held a 300 yet so I don't know, just speculating in my tiny brain!

Yeah, I guess I phrased that wrong. Not too much blade, but too little handle. :D :thumbup:

bump keep the votes coming. I know there's more 0200 and 0300 fans out there :thumbup:

Despite my love for titanium, I prefer my 0200. The handle shape is much more comfortable and fits my hand better. I even prefer my 0400 over my 0300 for the same reason, and it's also why I am letting go of my 0350's. The handle shape feels too high and short on the 03xx's.

Back