Zt0777

Awesome pics, thank you for sharing! I admit that I too was beginning to wonder if the 0777 was just an urban legend, but no longer.

it sucks to know that no matter who i throw my money at, i will probably never own one of these. i didn't find out about them until well after all pre-orders were closed. :(

the 0777 is seriously my dream knife. if only i had gotten in on the game a little sooner.

it sucks to know that no matter who i throw my money at, i will probably never own one of these.

We both know that's not true. There are probably going to be a few sold at a premium right off the bat. Wait a few weeks and you will see the occasional pop in the classifieds still for a preium because guy's wives **** a brick once they realized how much they spent on a knife. ;)

We both know that's not true. There are probably going to be a few sold at a premium right off the bat. Wait a few weeks and you will see the occasional pop in the classifieds still for a preium because guy's wives **** a brick once they realized how much they spent on a knife. ;)

i guess i should have qualified that statement, lol. no matter who i throw the pre-order price of $480 at, i will never own this knife. that amount alone is hard to wrap my head around, but it would be worth it. there is just no way i can justify adding another $100-150 premium to that though. :eek:

Thanks for the great pics Jim! Sometimes a little look is all it takes to restore the confidence of us with "little faith.". It's not so bad to keep us informed is it? :D

Thank you for the progress pictures. I hope your projected run of 1500 isn't a one time thing. I can't imagine that you wouldn't sell every one you would produce.

Oh ye of little faith :)

Here are a few pics of the parts in process.

0777 Blade blank - Here you can see the precision cut DT Herringbone Damascus and Vanax 35 blanks. These two are on their way to the altar to be married happily ever after by the power vested in copper brazing:

By the way, I don't have a weird short pinky finger - that's just perspective working against me in the pic. Not that there's anything wrong with having a short pinky finger.....

0777Bladeblank.jpg

This is what we lovingly refer to as a box full of money (because the raw materials are so expensive): A tray with 90 blades, waiting patiently to head out for heat treat this morning.

0777Bladeblanktray.jpg

Here we have a finished production 0777 handle, sitting on top of it's primitive ancestors - kinda like Neanderthals vs. Homo Sapiens:

0777HandleBlanks.jpg

Finally, we get a tray of finished handles - the CNC mill is cranking and they are piling up. This picture is just the top layer of the tray.

0777finishedhandles.jpg

Next on the agenda are lockbars, backspacers, and pocket clips......

I don't usually quote multi-picture posts, but when I do, they are AWESOME 777 PICTURE POSTS!!

Thanks Jim!

best

mqqn

Great pics Jim! Thanks for sharing them.

The studio should be freed up shortly, just in time, hint, hint.

oh my salivation....

I can feel it... it is nigh time for the king to take its place on my throne!

777001.jpg

[was trying to be creative lol]

Last edited:
Were there any minor tweaks or refinements to the handle, or still the same as prototype?

I remember seeing pre orders available a while ago and passing. I kinda regret it now...:(

Back