⚔️⚔️Wilson PSK Knives Pre-Order!!

Sam Wilson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Alright everyone, I will make a new post to reflect this information, but steel is in progress for this project. The pre-order page is live HERE, and this project is a go!!

Hey everybody, wanted some feedback, please. Pictured below is one of my PSK (Personal Survival Kit) knives. These have an OAL of 5" and are 1/8" thick.

YpSOzol.jpeg

Here's a little video with some info.

I may be putting this guy into production on a very small scale here very soon. Would there be any interest in these here in CPM154? Feedback is welcome!😎😎

Sam🔥

Last edited:
Looks like a nice little necker.

I like CPM154 and its fine grain structure. Typically very easy to get a wicked-sharp edge with this steel.

Thank you! These have done pretty well for me over the years, and will be doing a production run of them soon. Always looking to improve!🔥🔥

Sam😎

Put me down for one, it looks like a handy go to blade for some of the tasks I do.

Thank you! Here is one fresh out of the oven with GunKote. The production versions will obviously have some minor changes, but will be nearly identical in many ways.

J5zlkq2.jpg

Sam

OK, these are moving forward with production. Currently, the standard configuration will be CPM154 @59-60 hardness, ground to SLICE. These will be GunKoted, and blasted finish will be optional. They will also include a black kydex sheath, which is spaced for an UltiClip.

Feel free to give any feedback here, and since these will be a smaller run in the beginning, if you want to post here to claim one, please do so to guarantee you get one. No $1.50 deposit required.

Thanks again for the support!🔥🔥⚔️⚔️

Sam😎

Alright everyone, this project is A GO!! We are going to do a pre-order with these also (HERE is the page), $1 to reserve your knife. These have a target date of 04/01/23 to hit the streets, so this is coming up quickly. We will do a similar giveaway as on the PACKLite, which is still ongoing now (Link is in my Signature).

These are going to have a street price of $125, be in CPM154 stainless at 59-60, have a GunKote finish in Wilson Gray, and black kydex. Blasted finish will also be optional. No other options at this time. When doing small batch production work like this, options are killers, so I have to keep it clean and simple. Like with the PACKLite, these will be eligible for "spa service" where you can then get a different color GunKote or kydex, but for now there are no other options available.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and feel free to leave any feedback. Thank you!

Sam

Excellent! Thank you for the support!🔥🔥

Sam

And these are moving forward also! Blades are being cut and prepared for the next stage! Don't sleep on these, going to be a perfect size for a great price!

Also, some folks are not big on coatings. How would everyone feel about tumbled being the standard finish, and GunKote being optional? They are stainless, so corrosion resistance isn't a huge consideration. Let me know what you think. Thank you!

Sam😎😎

And these are moving forward also! Blades are being cut and prepared for the next stage! Don't sleep on these, going to be a perfect size for a great price!

Also, some folks are not big on coatings. How would everyone feel about tumbled being the standard finish, and GunKote being optional? They are stainless, so corrosion resistance isn't a huge consideration. Let me know what you think. Thank you!

Sam😎😎
I’m not huge on coatings for my primary blade myself but as a backup knife it wouldn’t bother me really. If the coating doesn’t chip off or flake, I’m not concerned. Nothing wrong with a nice stonewash or tumbled finish though. If you’re using 154 I’d probably grab a bare blade if available over the coated.

Have you ever wrapped the handle on one of these? Looks like it feels the hand nicely without a wrap but a little added comfort never hurt anybody.

Both of these are what I am hearing from emails, also.

I’d go with tumbled as a standard finish.

I’m not huge on coatings for my primary blade myself but as a backup knife it wouldn’t bother me really. If the coating doesn’t chip off or flake, I’m not concerned. Nothing wrong with a nice stonewash or tumbled finish though. If you’re using 154 I’d probably grab a bare blade if available over the coated.

Have you ever wrapped the handle on one of these? Looks like it feels the hand nicely without a wrap but a little added comfort never hurt anybody.

I haven't done a wrap on these, but I do put a lanyard with a loop on it, so that your pinkie finger can get in there and give you more control when desired. A wrap would also change up the kydex situation. But some of the end users have wrapped them.

These are entering the next phase now, heat treat and grinding. Looking forward to getting them back in the shop! 🔥 🔥

Sam

PSK blades are in progress! This is but a sampling of the stack getting prepped for GunKote right now. 😎😎

7YJvknA.jpeg

Sam⚔️⚔️

Back