1 CRK Knife For 1 Year!

I am starting my 1YC today, March 1st, 2019. I will be carrying my small sebenza 21, and this will be my second attempt. Wish me luck!

3arZsM2.jpg

View attachment 1086989 Monotony has definitely set it as I approach 100 days carrying the same knife every day! I’ll finish it out for sure.

It’s time for it’s 4th sharpening. It will no longer cleanly slice printer paper.
I enjoy seeing your updates and admire your tenacity! The knife is looking great with all the “beauty marks” it’s acquired so far, too.

I am still in the game with my Small 21 that I've carried every day for over a month. At this point, I can't imagine needing any other folding knife. Wanting another knife is a different story.

Awesome!

What was your official start date?

I made it through another month--now three months and still going. I haven’t bought any more new knives in a while now and the cravings and withdrawal pangs are mostly wearing off. If I was dealing with addiction recovery or smoking cessation counselors, they’d be pleased with my progress. I am however getting really bored with carrying just one knife and I actually miss doing a “first thing in the AM" rotating EDC choice. Oh well. Now I’ll see if I can stick it out through another month.

Stumpy72 Stumpy72

Great job, and congrats on getting another month under your belt!

I think the issue you are having is the same one that plagues all of us: boredom

It's not that we can't carry just one knife. It's that it sucks the fun out of NOT carrying the others we have!

9A69D087-FDE8-48A6-831B-8616415929FF.jpeg
My God man! I don’t know how you do it! But if you have to have one knife it should be a CRK!

Thank you. I’m Up to 4 months now. The Sebenza is really a do it all knife. It handles all my cutting needs and even looks good in a pair of slacks. I’d imagine pairing it with a small Sebenza would cover everything I could ever need.

Month 4 was weird. I’m feeling pretty content now and don’t have much of a desire for anything else.

firefighterguy firefighterguy Great job man, and congrats on making it a third of the year!

I have my sights set on a blade, but want to make sure it's a good fit since this will be my 3rd and FINAL try in my own thread. Hopefully I'll have an update and entry by the end of next week!

I am starting the 1YC today 04-08-2019 with my large Inkosi Insingo Carbon Fiber. This is my first try.
upload_2019-4-8_8-58-3.jpeg
I carried a Large Inkosi Insingo PJ for the quite a while last year. I received the carbon fiber from Knife Art this past Saturday. I’m interested to see how the CF hold up over time. I’ll be using the Inkosi for all EDC tasks and majority of work related tasks. I work as a pipeline Instrumentation and Electrical Technician so heavy electrical cable stripping will still be done with a sheepsfoot fixed blade. I’ll post updates as a progress through the year.

Back