2019 Summer Kitchen Kith New deadline 02 November

Which profiles from the following do you prefer for the kith? Pick two.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jeez, he is as busy as a one armed paper hanger ... if he was to set up and run a kith and testing it would kill him.:):p

Last edited:
Jeez, he is as busy as a one armed paper hanger ... if he was to set up and run a kith and testing it would kill him.
Lol. I know he is. I'm feeling a little guilty for ordering extra blades. He is kinda doing the KITH already. If he has plans if going full time again I thought it could be good advertising.

Jeez, he is as busy as a one armed paper hanger ... if he was to set up and run a kith and testing it would kill him.:):p
If it didn’t my wife would. But yeah we are slammed. But the good thing is it’s forcing us to really focus on streamlining processes. Now I just need to find the right time to tell the wife I want a conveyer heat treating oven lol

Don’t feel guilty for ordering blades. That’s what I’m here for.

Yeah guys, order now … before JT starts building his new and improved nitrogen filled chamber conveyor oven.

Blades have started to ship. Waiting on a few carbide drills for some of the orders but all the blades have been heat treated and thy are almost all surface ground. I think all in all we are shipping out around 60 KITH blades so I’m excited to see what is done with them.

Blades have started to ship. Waiting on a few carbide drills for some of the orders but all the blades have been heat treated and thy are almost all surface ground. I think all in all we are shipping out around 60 KITH blades so I’m excited to see what is done with them.

Ok, so two months from now will be the completion deadline. October 17th, at midnight.

Mine arrived today, good looking stuff JT, thanks!

Is there anyone that ordered #3 that’s doing a hidden tang? We had a handful of them where the very butt of that tang did not clean up. It’s not a problem if it’s going to be hidden but could show a tiny gap if using scales.

Is there anyone that ordered #3 that’s doing a hidden tang? We had a handful of them where the very butt of that tang did not clean up. It’s not a problem if it’s going to be hidden but could show a tiny gap if using scales.

If nobody claims them, i’ll buy them off you. let others have access first, as I can cut my own pretty easily here.

I was just asking because I don’t know if I will have enough to fill everyone’s orders when I pull out those ones. I can make more but it will take a little time.

I ordered 3x #3s, if you want to toss one or two of the funky ones in my order that’s cool, I don’t mind doing hidden tangs...

We did the lot at 62rc. thats a rather predictable hardness for us to hit without to much fuss and still a decent tempering temp.

I have done higher in the 63-64 for a few customers but thy know exactly how to handle it and what not. Was a little worried if I went that hard we would have chipping problems if guys where not use to that range.

This all sounds great. And now I've figured out the source of that inbound shipping notice to my PO Box. :D

Thanks tons. We where only short 1. So to say thanks I tossed an extra one in there to make up for it.

No problem! Thanks for the extra one! It’ll give me the opportunity to mess up one more time! Lol!

blanks received, thanks JT!
They looks sweet. Planning to commence.

Back