21 insingo, 25, or a umnumzaan

The title says it all Im stuck between these 3 with a slight favor going to the 21 but I all ready have a regular 21 so I'm hesatent to get another instead of the 25 or umnumzaan

Tough question. I'll wade into these dangerous option waters with some reverse-thought process suggestions:

If you plan on deploying the knife in public - don't get the Umnumzaan
If you like a nice lightweight knife - don't get the 25
If you like pointy, graceful blades - don't get the Insingo

They are all great tools, but each has a drawback of sorts. Hope this helps narrow it a bit! :)

Well, the 25 doesn't have the bushing system like the 21, for me the 25 is the 21 and Umnumzaan rolled together. I didn't think I'd like the Umnumzaan until I got one. I carry it more than the 25 for work.
But you can't go wrong with any of the choices.

I've been a staunch Umnumzaan carrier for a number of years now so can recommend one easily. I did just pick up a 25 though and find it to be a superb knife, but I'm having a little bit of trouble seeing it totally replace my Umnumzaan. I have never been a fan of the 21/Classic and never will be, regardless of blade shape. The Regular Sebenza is superior to the 21/Classic in every way, IMO. :)

Tell us about the intended use - please.
I like the Insingo bladeshape. For my EDC needs it's sufficient.
I also like the 25 and it's edge geometry.

Have you considered a small 21?
Or even a full CF scale?

red mag

I have never been a fan of the 21/Classic and never will be, regardless of blade shape. The Regular Sebenza is superior to the 21/Classic in every way, IMO. :)

This is why I love this forum. If you set 'em up, Haze'll knock em down! :p:) Looks like the only safe option is to find a Regular All-R-Crazy....and while you're at it, find one for me too.:thumbup:

If I win the lotto, I'm going to buy you a very nice 21 Haze.......just saying.

My first was a Umnumzaan and does everything I need. I also have a regular (lg and small) and they do everything I need. So for me the Umnumzaan of the 3 would be my choice. If a regular, lg or small, comes up grab it the others are easier to find. And face it you will have more than one soon anyway....just saying.

Hay, I ain't that bad ! :p

I'm carrying a 25 now, thats' nearly a 21. :):thumbup:

This is why I love this forum. If you set 'em up, Haze'll knock em down! :p:) Looks like the only safe option is to find a Regular All-R-Crazy....and while you're at it, find one for me too.:thumbup:

If I win the lotto, I'm going to buy you a very nice 21 Haze.......just saying.

If you already have the 21, I'd highly recommend the 25. It really is a different knife, I'm glad to have both. I'd have a very difficult time choosing one over the other.

Well my intended use is every day carry to cut average items like cardboard and mail and anything else I need cut

My vote is Umnumzaan if for nothing but the cool factor alone. It's just a different kind of beast altogether and outside of the Sebenza mold. Feels better in hand to me than a 21 or 25, and the cross hatching is great for grip and for extraction from the pocket.

The guy at my local shop swears that Chris will discontinue it in the next decade or so (probably trying to make a sale) but it did get me thinking a little and I ended up ordering a brand new one last week after my very brief stint with one nearly a year back that I had to return to a seller here for lack of disclosure on condition. The Umnum has stayed on my mind since then, but other priorities and other knives that luckily popped up for me got in the way. I love the quiet lockup of the Umnum compared to the IMO quite loud (but satisfying) lockup of the 25.

Prefer the 25 to the Umnumzaan here.
Had an Umnumzaan for a few days and it really felt like the 25 beat it in most areas.

Currently looking into getting an Insingo 21 :)

I carried a 21everyday for a year, I've played with a few umnumzaans, and I currently have a 25 micarta in my pocket. They are all amazing tools, however, there is something about the 25 that really speaks to me. Get the 25 sir, that's the one.....

Yes it is available left handed. You need to call CRK and order one. They don't bill until the knife is ready to ship. Wait time for me was 6 months.

Is the 25 now available in a left-handed version?

It is and it's magnificent!

20140820%20IMG_2124.JPG

I'm a little surprised that I haven't seen another one "in the wild" so far…

B

You should just try each one in hand and decide for yourself which F/F yiu like best. I'm sure you'll end up with three more knives.

Back