• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

26c3 chef knife, curly maple and micarta-SOLD

Tony Mont

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello everybody!
The last of my current trio is done!

Steel: 26c3
Handle: Black micarta bolster, red g10 spacer,curly maple and carbon fiber pin.

Dimensions:
Overall lenght: 33 cm - 12.99''
Blade lenght: 18 cm - 7.08''
Blade widght: 4.5 cm - 1.77''
Blade thickness: 3 mm - 0.118''
Handle lenght: 13.5 cm - 5.31''

The blade is differentially heat treated. Handrubbed and etched lightly to keep the hamon white. The choil and the spine are rounded. The hamon is running a bit lower than I wanted, I've tested the blade by flexing a pretty much zero and hacking a wooden dowel, there was not deflection or edge damage. The hamon appears better on the last picture.

Price: SOLD
Free international shipping with priority mail and a tracking number.
Via PayPal.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG

Thanks for looking!
Tony.

Last edited:
It really looks like you have the harmon figured out. Is this going to be your signature style?

It really looks like you have the harmon figured out. Is this going to be your signature style?
Due to the amount of time necessary to polish a hamon, I plan on making two categories on my kitchen knives.
If there is enough activity, I will polish them and be around the same price range of these three. If the hamon is not worth it, I will do just a satin finish to keep a low price.

Back