8.5" Wa-Gyuto

kq87gRB.jpg
69F6GAB.jpg
ej4DCaS.jpg
Here's one I just finished up. I just started a new chef position so I figured I've earned a new knife for myself. The first knife I've made for myself in quite a few years.
Blade is 8.5" of W2. Handle is Brown canvas micarta in the wa style. No fancy polishing or burl wood here, just professional practicality.
Thanks for looking, Justin

That is one gorgeous blade profile. Really nice work.

Thanks very much guys!
I can't take too much credit for the profile, I just looked at Suisin and Tadatsuna and did my best to copy them. Not very creative on my part, buy why change such an elegant design.
The shape and size is in my mind among the most versitale. A thin light blade, not too long, still allows the rapid chopping I usually use my 7" santuko for.
A wide blade, allows for scooping up food, while the pointy tip can be used like a fork to pluck meat from hot pans, something a santuko cant do.
Also the pointy tip allows for finer tasks such as deboning meat.
I think the best part is that even though it has increased versatility over a santuko, I dont feel like there is any compromise. It doesn't necessarily chop veggies better, but does cut at least as well, and allows most work to be done with a single knife.

Back