A-2 Trail Master

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by bladeCraft124, Jun 30, 2019.

1. bladeCraft124

bladeCraft124 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Hey folks,

Has anyone heard any timing around the release of the A-2 Trail Master or Recon Scout?

Can't wait to pick one of these up.

2. Cold Steel Knives

Cold Steel Knives Moderator Moderator

Apr 16, 2013
    Hey there, we apologize that the A-2 items are taking so long to get out to you guys. They should've been ready to go by now considering we're into the second half of the year. We had to make sure that they retain the same level of quality of their predecessors. Very sorry, they'll be live soon. Make sure you call us and place a backorder to be guaranteed one, it doesn't cost anything and ensures you get one on the first batch.

DocJD and oxman198 like this.
  3. Outlawed

Outlawed

Jan 1, 2019
    The A-2 Recon Scouts are going to have a satin finish aren't they? Website description says black tuff-ex! :eek::eek::eek:

Ed

4. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    I'd personally prefer it come later , done right , than sooner but wrong ! ;)

If it's up to the high standards of all my past Trail Masters , it should be well worth the wait . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mike Sastre likes this.
  5. Cold Steel Knives

Apr 16, 2013
    Hey DocJD - Sorry but it was a typo on the website. We've corrected it now and yes, the Recon Scout (A-2) will be a satin finish.

6. jux t

jux t Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Thanks for replying on this forum, always appreciated.

Mike Sastre and DocJD like this.
  7. Nautique

Nautique

May 15, 2016
    Any update?

8. yoz's friend

yoz's friend

Jun 30, 2001
    are they going to have the thin point or the thick point like the carbon v

9. Cold Steel Knives

Apr 16, 2013
    Unfortunately no update, I guess they'll be a 2020 release along with all of the new stuff. Very sorry guys. I have no idea what the hold up is.

10. riversidedep

riversidedep Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Offer a stag handled version and the delay will be completely forgiven! lol

bikerector likes this.
  11. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    Just saying, it would be sweet if they came like this. It's so much nicer than the stock grips

[​IMG]

12. razorburn

razorburn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Any hope for a DLC Trailmaster?

13. The Mastiff

The Mastiff

Apr 21, 2006
    Are they going to be the same size and thickness as the current models? I'm looking forward to a satin recon scout in A2!

Man with no name and d762nato like this.
  14. Mike Sastre

Mike Sastre Custom Crafted Concealex Sheaths Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 23, 1999
    If history is any indicator, the only thing that will change is the steel used, so specs and design should remain the same.

15. The Mastiff

The Mastiff

Apr 21, 2006
    "If history is any indicator, the only thing that will change is the steel used, so specs and design should remain the same."

Thanks Mike. I was thinking the same thing. I started back with Carbon V, progressed through SK5 ( PRC), SK 5 (Taiwan) and then O1. The big Trailmaster and Recon Scout in A2 should be really great knives.

The only one I recall seeing but not having was the Aus 10 model they made for a short time . I found out about them only when they were already being discontinued through the special projects catalog. They were too expensive for this married state employee parent who already had talked my wife into the Carbon V version. Those stainless models are rare even on ebay and on these forums now and I only recall seeing one come up in the last 7 or 8 years.

Joe

jux t likes this.
  16. jux t

jux t Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2018
    That’s the first I’ve heard of an aus10 Trailmaster, thanks. Was is laminated?

17. Man with no name

Man with no name

Jun 24, 2015
    I have an old stainless Taipan. It's not laminated. Probably from the same time period as the stainless Trail Master.

18. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    jux t likes this.
  19. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Edited below for quote.

20. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007

Agreed. Stacked leather handle , and I would still own my SanMai III trailmaster!!!