A-2 Trail Master

Hey folks,

Has anyone heard any timing around the release of the A-2 Trail Master or Recon Scout?

Can't wait to pick one of these up.

Hey there, we apologize that the A-2 items are taking so long to get out to you guys. They should've been ready to go by now considering we're into the second half of the year. We had to make sure that they retain the same level of quality of their predecessors. Very sorry, they'll be live soon. Make sure you call us and place a backorder to be guaranteed one, it doesn't cost anything and ensures you get one on the first batch.

The A-2 Recon Scouts are going to have a satin finish aren't they? Website description says black tuff-ex! :eek::eek::eek:

Ed

Hey there, we apologize that the A-2 items are taking so long to get out to you guys. They should've been ready to go by now considering we're into the second half of the year. We had to make sure that they retain the same level of quality of their predecessors. Very sorry, they'll be live soon. Make sure you call us and place a backorder to be guaranteed one, it doesn't cost anything and ensures you get one on the first batch.
I'd personally prefer it come later , done right , than sooner but wrong ! ;)

If it's up to the high standards of all my past Trail Masters , it should be well worth the wait . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Unfortunately no update, I guess they'll be a 2020 release along with all of the new stuff. Very sorry guys. I have no idea what the hold up is.

Just saying, it would be sweet if they came like this. It's so much nicer than the stock grips

H3V4kGJl.jpg

If history is any indicator, the only thing that will change is the steel used, so specs and design should remain the same.

"If history is any indicator, the only thing that will change is the steel used, so specs and design should remain the same."

Thanks Mike. I was thinking the same thing. I started back with Carbon V, progressed through SK5 ( PRC), SK 5 (Taiwan) and then O1. The big Trailmaster and Recon Scout in A2 should be really great knives.

The only one I recall seeing but not having was the Aus 10 model they made for a short time . I found out about them only when they were already being discontinued through the special projects catalog. They were too expensive for this married state employee parent who already had talked my wife into the Carbon V version. Those stainless models are rare even on ebay and on these forums now and I only recall seeing one come up in the last 7 or 8 years.

Joe

"If history is any indicator, the only thing that will change is the steel used, so specs and design should remain the same."

Thanks Mike. I was thinking the same thing. I started back with Carbon V, progressed through SK5 ( PRC), SK 5 (Taiwan) and then O1. The big Trailmaster and Recon Scout in A2 should be really great knives.

The only one I recall seeing but not having was the Aus 10 model they made for a short time . I found out about them only when they were already being discontinued through the special projects catalog. They were too expensive for this married state employee parent who already had talked my wife into the Carbon V version. Those stainless models are rare even on ebay and on these forums now and I only recall seeing one come up in the last 7 or 8 years.

Joe
That’s the first I’ve heard of an aus10 Trailmaster, thanks. Was is laminated?

Back