A Buck 110 with a little bling... (pics)

cpirtle

Leathercrafter
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Well, the troll that visited a couple of weeks ago rekindled the desire to customize a 110, so Thursday I picked one up and tore into it. I just finished it a bit ago and am fairly happy with the way it came out.

I did not know for sure what I wanted to do and it kind of all came together, now it will match my new gold teeth ;)

Anyway, I thought I'd share it with you.

What was done:
Carbon Fiber scales
G-10 inlays in front and rear bolsters
Fileworked liners along the spine
Jeweled inside liners
New handle hardware, flush mounted so there is nothing protruding.
Thinned by about 30% (see comparison next to 560 and Cabela's 110)
I also modified the lock to make it a little more difficult to release accidentally.

I'm going to check with Buck to see if they'll upgrade the blade for me now that it's been modified, but once it has its final blade I may add some file work to it.

CF110_1.jpg

CF110_2.jpg

Comparison picture, Left: 560, Center: Bling-bling, Right: Cabela's 110
CF110_3.jpg

Esav Benyamin

MidniteSuperMod
That's beautiful! :D

I bet they'll upgrade the blade. They'll probably be as impressed with the upgrade on the handle as everyone else.

To parody a poem I wrote myself:

This is the knife my grandfather made:
My father replaced the handle,
and I replaced the blade.

Tok

cool! where did u get the parts? or u made them by yourself? Niiiiiiiiice!

yog

After seeing this I feal my resistance at getting a custom 110 weakening noticably ;)

Great work :D

OilMan

Gold Member
When you say you are going to upgrade the blade what do you mean? S30V? Also, you should have watermarked your pics. I can see someone acting like they did the work and trying to pass them off somewhere else. :D

Oily

ps. very nice work

When did you claim you made that knife? Because according to the properties of the picture it was taken November 21st of last year, and I found the same picture on BladeAuction......

:p

Very impressive cpirtle, I'm willing to bet that the people at Buck will like what you've done. Maybe they can start making Carbon Fiber handled 110's, I'm sure they'd be more popular.

Didn't I see that pic on BladeAuctions.somethingoranother? :rolleyes: ;)

Just kiddin' Dude, nice work :D

If ya consider doin' another one let me know, maybe we can make a deal. :cool:

Great work, beautiful knife, outstanding concept.

That's the good news.

BUT.....the post ....IRKS.....me. My problem, I know, but the adaptation of that damned "bling-bling" ghetto trash term has got me ready to slit my wrists with a dull knife. AFTER I go on a rampage and chop up every thing I see with that disgusting contamination of the English language.

end rant.

Explanation: Old fart, here. Disgusted at the lack of proper language and grammar. Just a curmudgeon of times past.

:grumpy: :eek: :rolleyes: :( :)

That's some beautiful work. I too would seriously consider commisioning you to do a 110 like that for me.
:)