A Corral for Mustangs, Stallions, Ranch Hands... all that are a part the 74 Herd.

Would you like some "buffalo chips" with that? ;) Just kidding! There are some beautiful blades that grace this thread.

Zulu giraffe
Zulu in giraffe bone looks good and... just makes sense. ;)

Great thread James! :thumbup: I'm impressed by all the nice ones shown so far. The 74 is one of my favorites! I hope to update with a couple new ones...when they arrive!!
Mark
Mark you may have noticed the 74s are one of my favorite frames too! Nice to have a complete set of the stainless!!! Looking forward to your new ones as well.

Great idea for a thread redsparrow.
I did a double take on the title though- :D
Thanks for helping with the spelling meako! Only thing worst than my spelling is my typing. :) Lots of PC challenges around here as of late. Hope yours doesn't give you any trouble so we can get a glimpse of your stampede real soon my friend.

Nice 74's everyone. Great snakewood redsparrow. Nice collection of stainless models Ramrod!

I'm building up a small herd myself. Here is my latest acquisition. I've got 3 more I'll get posted up In the corral soon. ;)
Nice!!! Looks like GEC captured a sunset in that bone handle. Awesome color!!!

Old Barn Chestnut. Harry
Harry, American Chestnut is possibly the best of the stainless. A little bit of Americana in every handle, very special!!!

house fire patina from its previous owner
Kind of a rough story but at least something was saved. Thanks for showing.

When I first placed my preorder, I was curious how similar (or not) the Autumn Leaf jigged bone would be to my 92 Talon's Goldenrod jigged bone. I love how my Autumn turned out. I have an ebony Stallion on a truck somewhere right now. :)
Almost a matched set MeanStreaker! The ebony Stallions will certainly be a welcome addition to this thread.

I received this pair a couple of days ago. Got lucky and the snakewood is nice and snakey :thumbup:
Exact same two I ordered p&g!!! Both of yours are as nice as they come and wonderful pics too, thanks!!!

Beautiful photos Eric!!! Thanks for posting them. Has your 2012 BF trapper been modified?

-James

Yessir, I purchased it from Bob (BigBiscuit). He had the wharncliff blade removed to make it single bladed.

Great Photos Erik! Great use of light. How do you do that?

Thank you Alan! I try to use natural light as much as possible and most of the time edit the contrast, shadowing, and highlighting in a photo editor. That is really about it.

I received this pair a couple of days ago. Got lucky and the snakewood is nice and snakey :thumbup:
74%20mustangs%2001.JPG

That is a fantastic looking pair. I love snakewood.

Jeff, thanks for showing those I was hoping to see some of the earlier 74s!!! Do you have a favorite?
-James

Definitely the forum knife from 2012. I prefer it's FFG clip with a cut swedge over the Northfield saber grind.

Pistonsandgears snakeskin with the oak leaf shield looks very, very nice!

Here my 74. Blade forums knife.

I'll be adding stallion. I sure which one. Was waiting on NF bone but since it didn't show up, I've gotta decide between green or yellow or cocobolo. I prefer the green but I prefer the NF. Decisions decisions!!!

Edit. Found the green stallion in stock. Got her ordered up. Now I can quit fretting over which one.

Last edited:
Thank you Alan! I try to use natural light as much as possible and most of the time edit the contrast, shadowing, and highlighting in a photo editor. That is really about it.

Thanks Erik. I've been sitting at my desk using my phone camera. Big difference! I'm lazy in the winter I guess.

Thanks. It was a total impulse. When they were released I'd just gotten a 73 and a 99 and didn't feel the need (like that matters) for something along the same lines, size wise. As soon as I saw it, boom, bought it and never looked back.

There's a Cocobolo Stallion headed this way, slated for Tuesday delivery. I thought some of the examples on GEC's site looked pretty amazing, and I'm hoping one of those makes it's way here. :thumbup: Will post a pic (or two) as soon as I can.

I'm not really a single blade guy, but this pattern is just such the perfect size, and I'm a sucker for green bone, so . . . .

I caved. Spring green Stallion is ordered, pics to follow.

Old Engineer-I will take that barn chestnut everyday of the week. Such a wonderful knife, such beautiful wood. What a shame we cannot use more of it than what is recovered. Simply a beautiful piece, my favorite here, but all these wild mustangs are wonderful as well.
Thanks, Neal

Old Engineer-I will take that barn chestnut everyday of the week. Such a wonderful knife, such beautiful wood. What a shame we cannot use more of it than what is recovered. Simply a beautiful piece, my favorite here, but all these wild mustangs are wonderful as well.
Thanks, Neal

That is very nice of you to say that Neal . I really like it . It is my only Great Eastern because I prefer to collect Northfields but I also really like the 72's 73's , and 74's so I had to get it last year. Thank you again my friend .

Harry

Forum Knife Saddle Trapper, 2012
2012ForumKnife_zps81eeb801.jpg~original

Burnt Stag Saddle Trapper
5d0370aa-e693-4dd1-96ef-0d6999f9ac57_zpsvhysqrob.jpg~original

Autumn Gold Ranch Hand
1ff15aee-6620-4ceb-8b85-79bb7ed0955f_zpswwtbpl8u.jpg~original

Jeff glad you post up a Ranch Hand...need a ranch hand in this thread to keep the 'stangs in the Corral. Wait till the Stallions arrive!!! Love those Ranch Hands...need more pictures of those!!!
posted this one a few days ago.

Untitled by swaybacksteve, on Flickr

Back