A couple of Germans

I found these at my grandparent's house here in Germany and thought I'd share. I did manage to find a thread on this site where someone posted a link with German tool markings: http://www.holzwerken.de/museum/hersteller/marken.phtml
The Rams head appears to be Wörder & Pandel, Wuppertal-Küllenhahn and the Crown with CH is Carl Helsper, Wuppertal-Küllenhahn
I don't see any other markings on them, but I will clean them up when I get back home to the states.
Carl Helsper exists today as Helko. According to Wikipedia the company became Helko sometime in the '30s.
Anyone know any information about these manufactures or the particular style of these two?

PaICW.jpg

wQxIK.jpg

KJleU.jpg

Tristan

Square_peg

Basic Member
Wow! Those are great. At 1 kilogram that's a heavy little hatchet.

I like the handle on the Helsper. It's thinned down so nicely before the swell. I bet it feels good in hand.

Looks like you nailed the IDs. (My work here is done...)

An ad from Wörder & Pandel, from an auction listing:

a45.jpg

An old invoice, with a picture of the Wörder & Pandel factory:

Rechnung-Wuppertal-Kuellenhahn-1934-Woerder-Pandel-Werkzeugfabrik-Fabrikgebaeude.jpg

zcd

Cool find! Did you take them with you? That hatchet looks like it'd be a handful to swing (head/handle ratio)

Cool find! Did you take them with you? That hatchet looks like it'd be a handful to swing (head/handle ratio)

I did take them with me. I just put them in the electrolysis tank. I'll post some pictures when they come out.