A little quality time at Jerry Fisk's

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Ethan Becker, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Ethan Becker

Ethan Becker Moderator Moderator

Sep 1, 1999
    Had a grand time at Brother Fisk's Mini Show, Hog Hunt and Piggy Pilates Class......Drove over to see Ryan and Christine Wilson on the way......Had a tour of the new Parts of the mfg area.....WoW.....Lovely lunch and a ride in Ryans new Shelby Mustang.....WHOOSH.......Got a Quick tune up on th AR and headed over to spend the evening with Phil and Lola Gibbs.....Great Time, as always and had a few moments with AG and Goldie Russell......Always Good........

Two days of fruitless hog hunting near Nasville, AR.....With some really great people, cooked a little chili, ate some really tasty David Smith Cactus Soup(think ver tasty ArkanaTex minestrone without the pasta) heard a few lies, told a few lies....Great Time......Jerry has an invitational mini show every year both Knifemakers and guests have to get the call from the Great One....I felt very priveleged as I am neither a high dollar collector or serious artiste working in metal and exotics......Saw some SERIOUSLY intriguing blades...... Most were of museum quality and all were not only beautiful but serious blades capable of serious work...l. Most collectors of blades this incredible are NOT anxious to take them out and prove teir capabilities so Jerry and JR Cook have a little cutting Rodeo and let the guys use a piece of fine art that cuts like a screaming witch to compete.....Too much fun.....

Jerry and his lovely Wife, Bob offerred overwhelming hospitality......Great food , great knives , great company.......Good Times......Thanks, Mr. Jerry.......

Ethan

2. FingerBlade

FingerBlade Banned BANNED

Aug 14, 2012
    Sounded like it was a great time..good for you sir, live it up.

3. camoninja

camoninja

Feb 11, 2007
    Any pictures ?

4. RogueBowie

RogueBowie

Nov 16, 2011
    Sounds awesome, I'd also love to see some pics.

5. Murphnuge

Murphnuge Moderator Moderator

Feb 27, 2010
    Having only met Mr. Fisk once I can imagine the high level of fun you had. Glad to hear that long gun is geting taken care of too!

6. trailbum

trailbum Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Sounds like a good time.
    What caliber.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  7. Chameleonbear

Chameleonbear

Aug 14, 2008
    I believe he mentioned it being a 6.8

8. NixKustoms

NixKustoms Sheath and Knife Maker

Dec 30, 2010
    I'm still bummed that I wasn't able to meet Jerry......:(

I'm glad that it was a great time. I still wanna see pictures of the mythical blades you speak of. ;)

9. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    Is Jerry married to someone named Bob, or am I just reading that wrong?

-edit- you'll have to forgive me; I just got done doing some grammar tutoring today...

10. v-man

v-man

Jan 20, 2001
    Jerry's Wife is a great lady..... I have spoken to her at a couple of shows while Jerry was out talking with other makers.
    Ethan glad you had a great time!!!!!

11. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    you expect a german to take pictures? heh heh.

yes :)

12. Ethan Becker

Sep 1, 1999
    Hey. Crimson....

Bro Fisk is a seriously twisted human being......"Bob" is definitely female and puts up with a lot.......

Ethan

13. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Picture's, or it never happened!

14. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    Good to know. Was unsure about that, because I'd just gotten done teaching a lesson in which my student learned that the ACT (standardized test) actually tests students on gender of pronouns (ex: Colleen realized he should have proofread his test before submitting them)...

I also would love to see some pictures. Sounds like a lot of fun!

And for the record, I'd love to see a presentation quality Becker...

15. LG&M

LG&M

Dec 19, 2005
    Knives, guns, Bacon hunting and a Shelby. I can't think of anything else you could want. You had beer right?

16. Ethan Becker

Sep 1, 1999
    LG & M.......

No beer, dry camp on federal land.........Great time in spite of this unspeakable violation of basic human rights......

Ethan

17. LG&M

LG&M

Dec 19, 2005
    So then I drive the shelby off Fed land. Still sounds like a grand time.

18. fisk

fisk National Living Treasure & Subject Matter Expert Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 31, 1999
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We took some time off after the show. Ethan like to wore us out. I went back to the pig camp locked the gates and did not come out for 8 days. I had a good time. Hunted, fished, played with knives while clearing up for a bow stand. Life was good there for awhile.

The knife shown is the one that is my personal use bowie for this year. By the way I abuse my personal knives all during the year to see what they will and won't do.
    The close up with my snake pistol is just so you have a better idea of the guard and blade pattern. Fossil Walrus ivory handle.
    We had a good time and just now getting back to the computer.

Dang it I was trying to post from my new flickr site but cannot figure out how to post the knife photos. I will try again tomorrow.

19. Murphnuge

Murphnuge Moderator Moderator

Feb 27, 2010
    Pic links aren't working Mr. Fisk.

20. Ethan Becker

Sep 1, 1999
    Hey Mr. Jerry.....

Hope you actually killed something in eight days !!?......OR that at least go some quality Porker Pilates time in..... LOL....

A real good time......Good folks...... You put on a helluva "do" Boss......

Ethan