1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

AEB-L Customs - Books Open

Discussion in 'David Mary Custom' started by David Mary, Jan 2, 2021.

1. David Mary

David Mary Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 23, 2015
    Greetings BFFs, while I am awaiting the heat treatment of my LC200 batch, I have begun a new batch, this one in .118" AEB-L. The sheet is 23 1/2" by 11", and is on the way to the waterjet cutter. Next week I will be finalizing the CAD file and sending it off. Here is a look at it so far:

Hai Order 3 WIP.jpg

The ones in red are spoken for, but everything else is fair game. If you either see something you would like to lay claim to, or would like to bump something off the sheet in favor of your own custom design, shoot me a PM or an email (in my sig below, if on a mobile turn your phone sideways to landscape mode to see it) and we'll discuss the details, and if all is to your liking, we'll get you in the book for a nice AEB-L custom.

Thanks and happy new year!

David

P.S. Based on heat treatment lead times and current orders in the book, I anticipate these knives will begin to see completion in the early to late spring.

For size reference:
    the machete is just over 15" of blade length;
    the skinny wharncliffes have 3 1/2" cutting edges;
    the three green knives above the machete have 4" cutting edges;
    the knives at the bottom (except the skinny wharncliffe) have 3 3/4" cutting edges;
    except the tanto at 4 3/8" (including the tip bevel).

The chopper is being left square like that so I can decide later if I want to make it a seax, a clip point, or anything in between.

oldmanwilly and woodysone like this.
  2. David Mary

Jul 23, 2015
    That was quick! Revised sheet:
    Hai Order 3 WIP.jpg

3. jlauffer

jlauffer Dissident Aggressor Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Would love to see the completed dagger!

David Mary and woodysone like this.
  4. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    As would I!;):)

jlauffer and David Mary like this.
  5. David Mary

Jul 23, 2015
    Hai Order 3 WIP.jpg

oldmanwilly and Wild Willie like this.
  6. David Mary

Jul 23, 2015
    The steel has arrived at the waterjet cutters as of today. I will give it one more day to see if anyone has a design they would like in AEB-L before I send them the CAD file tomorrow.

woodysone likes this.
  7. David Mary

Jul 23, 2015
    CAD file has been sent, and I managed to get even more blades out of it. Some on the above image have been removed, and replaced with neckers that I am quite excited about.

8. Cycklone

Cycklone

Nov 29, 2006
    u know i am a sucker for a necker....

post one up (then lets cut off 1/2 the handle and we can talk about it-- send me some pics we will talk about it!!!

David Mary likes this.
  9. David Mary

Jul 23, 2015
    Tried to send you a PM, but not allowed. I think if you send me one I would be able to respond.

10. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    He'll have to give you an email address.
    Alternatively, there are profile messages; but keep in mind they are not even close to private (anybody can view them...there's even a quick link to New Profile Posts)

David Mary likes this.
  11. David Mary

Jul 23, 2015
    Whoops, I didn't notice the membership level! He's already a customer, so I'll email now. Thanks for the catch.