• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

AFAustin’s 8th Annual “Going to the Dogs” Sale (Part 3) (Price Drops!)

AFAustin

Gold Member
Welcome to Part 3 of my 8th Annual "Going to the Dogs" Sale.

Part 1, which gives all the background on this benefit sale, is here:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...dedicated-to-petey-part-1-reductions.1732914/

Part 2 is here:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...-to-the-dogs”-sale-part-2-reductions.1734148/

I also put up some Spydercos and CRKTs over in the Modern Folders subforum here:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...lars-benefiting-the-pups-price-drops.1734837/ (all now SOLD)

Please note that the prices on the remaining knives in Part 1 and Part 2, and the remaining CRKT Pilar in the Moderns subforum, are all reduced so please take a look at those!

Everything is the same as in Part 1, including that 100% of the proceeds will go to the pups, but I’m offering up a new bunch of knives here in Part 3.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6/27/20 Update: I've added a Buck 500 Duke over in the Buck subforum:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/500-duke-benefiting-the-pups.1736369/
(now SOLD)

6/28/20 Update: Part 4 of the sale is now open here:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-“going-to-the-dogs”-sale-part-4.1736590/

7/5/20 Update: Part 5 of the sale is now open here:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-5.1737781/

7/12/20 Update: Part 6 of the sale is now open here:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-6.1739025/

7/19/20 Update: Part 7 of the sale is now open here:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-7.1740239/

8/1/20 Update: It's a wrap! This sale is now officially over and the donations have been made. Part 8 has all the details here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/afaustin’s-8th-annual-going-to-the-dogs-sale-part-8-donations-made.1742502/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For convenience sake, let me repeat the ground rules:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Details:

Prices include shipping, USPS 1st Class, w/ Delivery Confirmation. PayPal only. I'll cover the PayPal fees, so please list it as a sale of goods, not a gift.

1st unconditional "I'll take it", followed up with prompt payment. I think my PM/Conversations box might fill up pretty quickly, so please e-mail me for payment info. at: aforsythe4 [at] austin [dot] rr [dot] com

Once we have a deal, please post an "I’ll take it" in this sales thread, since that’s required for us both to leave feedback, which I think is important.

By buying these knives you are stating that you are at least 18 years of age, and otherwise in compliance with all applicable laws regarding them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

International Sales Policies:

I like the international character of BF and so I’m usually willing to jump through the extra hoops to do international sales. But as this sale has grown in size and become a good deal more work, I’ve got to place some limits. So, apologies, but it’s U.S.A. only for this sale.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now without further ado, let’s get on to the next batch of knives!

Thanks for helping the pups!

Andrew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first four knives are special in that they are part of a donation by a great guy and friend of mine in North Carolina who has been a faithful supporter of this sale for some time now. He’s a long time knife man and friend of the pups, and proud owner of a handsome rescue dog. He’s asked to remain anonymous, but as always he has my sincere thanks for his generosity.

1) Case Half Whittler #6208 SS in Crimson Second Cut Bone. Stainless blades. 3 ¼” closed. Two-spring model. Very lightly used, with factory edges. The dye doesn’t reach all the way to the edges if that bothers you. I own this exact knife and it’s very handy.

Includes box & paperwork. $38.00 SOLD

T5OgIb3l.jpg

iBJnrrtl.jpg

qodUTKDl.jpg

nldFkavl.jpg

5g9Z8x0l.jpg

2) Case Eisenhower #06263 SS in Burnt Amber Jigged Bone. Stainless blades. 3” closed. Very lightly used and may have been lightly sharpened. Pretty bone covers.

Per my generous donor, this knife came with the kick on the main ground down too far so that the blade sank deep into the well when closed, making it hard to access the nail nick. I’ve wedged a small piece of rubberized cork into the well which in effect extends the kick, and now the nail nick is easily accessible. This is also something Case would likely address under its warranty if you want to send it in.

Includes box. $35.00 $30.00 SOLD

WosNPMBl.jpg

zFvFrS1l.jpg

MMkNalYl.jpg

3) Case Pen Knife #32087 SS in Yellow Synthetic. Stainless blades with fair amount of scratching. Minor scuffs on the bolsters. 3 3/8” closed. It has been sharpened, carried, and used, but is in good working condition.

No box. $25.00 SOLD

eisxpUml.jpg

iQ7Wxs7l.jpg

hD8JoBZl.jpg

4) Case Trapper #3254 SS in Yellow Synthetic. Stainless blades with a stonewash finish. This is the full size (4 1/8" closed) version. Some scuffs on the bolsters. It has been sharpened, carried, and used, but is in good working condition.

No box. $29.00 $25.00 WITHDRAWN and now re-listed (with reduced price) in Part 6.

HKNA4Jll.jpg

zsfik5Fl.jpg

HVcBwXcl.jpg

Last edited:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next two knives were donated by a good hearted BF member from Illinois who has been a generous supporter (and customer) of this sale and is a great dog man. He has asked to remain anonymous. Many thanks to him.

5) J.A. Henckels #HK-7-BWP Splitback Whittler in Burnt White Pickbone. Appears new & unused. 3 ½” closed. Made in Solingen, Germany. Stainless blades with some minor scratches and nice medium pulls. Very attractive bone covers. Per owner, this is a Boker contract-made knife from the 1991-2007 era.

Includes box (Henckels but probably not correct one). $45.00 SOLD

pGeqs9Nl.jpg

Fvwdgxll.jpg

4R7EOPxl.jpg

6) J.A. Henckels #1780 Half Whittler in Black Pickbone. Appears new & unused. 3 5/8”closed. Made in Solingen, Germany. Carbon steel blades with a few very minor scratches and pulls a little stronger than in the above whittler but still in the medium range. Nice craggy bone covers. Per owner, this is a Boker contract-made knife from the 1977-1991 era.

Includes box (Henckels but may not be correct one). $45.00 SOLD

hOFu01tl.jpg

HYttijsl.jpg

o3AglzFl.jpg

Last edited:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This good friend, who likewise has asked to remain anonymous, lives in Pennsylvania, and his wife and he own two beautiful rescue dogs. He has once again donated to my sale, and the next four nice knives are from him. Many thanks, buddy!

7) Case Barlow in Brown Sawcut Delrin. I’m guessing (but I’m no expert) 1976 vintage and carbon steel blades based on this guide: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.co...eference-guide/case-knife-age-identification/: And my generous donor is 99% sure it’s a carbon blade, so that pretty much settles that.

Very nice condition with a thin main that looks like it could slice like the devil.

No box. $45.00 $39.00 SOLD

n06SCZBl.jpg

dA2NLV2l.jpg

4jH9O65l.jpg

8) Wilh. Wagner Sodbuster in Hardwood. A hair over 4”closed. Made in Solingen, Germany. Beautiful hardwood covers with great figuration. Blade has a few pit marks and I think carbon steel on this one. Likewise my great donor is 99% sure it’s carbon. Pull is on the strong side but quite manageable.

No box. $35.00 SOLD

cBB1jPSl.jpg

qcqwHPzl.jpg

OUfZsJ5l.jpg

9) Case Copperlock #61549L SS in Chestnut Jigged Bone. Appears new and unused. Stainless blade. This is the full size Copperlock at 4 ¼”closed. Pretty chestnut covers (with more reddish tone in them than my poor pics reflect) on this classic Case pattern.

Includes box & papers. $55.00 SOLD

G9O5qMtl.jpg

HEptWYgl.jpg

8VVOgy1l.jpg

10) GEC Northfield #562118 Bird Dog in Mardi Gras Acrylic. Very lightly used with a nice even patina. Smooth medium pull with no half stop. Scored and dimpled bolsters and match strike pull. Fun, colorful, and very pocketable knife that feels great in hand.

Includes tube & wax paper. $90.00 SOLD

fziY4Wfl.jpg

3s8KSDol.jpg

CahdICMl.jpg

Last edited:
I'll take #1 and the pen knife in yellow delrin #3 :)

Hi, Darren. Great to see a huge supporter of this sale stop by!

3) Case Pen Knife #32087 SS in Yellow Synthetic is SPF to waverave.

I'll email you my PP info. right now.

Thanks,

Andrew

10) GEC Northfield #562118 Bird Dog in Mardi Gras Acrylic is SPF to Nebrasketball.

Thanks for your purchase and please email me for PP info.

Andrew

1) Case Half Whittler #6208 SS in Crimson Second Cut Bone is also SPF to waverave.

Thanks again, Darren. We'll settle up when you get back from your errands.

Andrew

10) GEC Northfield #562118 Bird Dog in Mardi Gras Acrylic is now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, Grant. I'll get this one in the mail to you tomorrow with a tracking no.

Andrew

Can you tell me what year / how many dots (#9) the chestnut copperlock is? Thanks!

Bob, the label on the box for the Copperlock includes the date "01/13/98".

Also, the covers have a little more reddish tone than my pics reflect. It's a pretty knife.

Andrew

Hi, Tom. Great to see you again at the sale!

#5 is available and Bob didn't claim #9 (Case Copperlock), so you got 'em both.

5) J.A. Henckels #HK-7-BWP Splitback Whittler in Burnt White Pickbone

9) Case Copperlock #61549L SS in Chestnut Jigged Bone

are both SPF to SuperHowl.

Tom, please email me for PP info.

Thanks!

Andrew

5) J.A. Henckels #HK-7-BWP Splitback Whittler in Burnt White Pickbone

9) Case Copperlock #61549L SS in Chestnut Jigged Bone

are both now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, Tom. I'll get these off to you Monday with a tracking no.

Andrew

1) Case Half Whittler #6208 SS in Crimson Second Cut Bone

3)
Case Pen Knife #32087 SS in Yellow Synthetic

are both now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, Darren. These will be en route to you tomorrow with a t/n.

Andrew

I’ll take 8) Wilh. Wagner Sodbuster in Hardwood. No box. $35.00

Email sent for PayPal info. Thanks for helping the pups!

Last edited:
6) J.A. Henckels #1780 Half Whittler in Black Pickbone is SPF to billythekidder.

Thanks for your email and I'll reply right now with PP info.

Andrew

Back