Aggressive G10? Suggestions for a CS for Khakis?

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by BMCGear, Nov 20, 2019.

1. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    My new Recon 1 has pretty aggressive G10. Not a big deal with jeans but it's a no go with my khakis for work. I wouldn't mind grabbing a smaller CS than the Recon for work type stuff. The Ultimate Hunter looks like a nice option and the G10 looks smoother? How is it going in and out of the pocket?

The American Lawman looks great as well but I think the G10 would require some sanding?

The Code 4 might be the way to go in terms of scale slickness to avoid shredding the khakis I hate and have to wear everyday.

What are your thoughts and experiences?

2. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    All three options mentioned are great. The Ultimate Hunter is easy on pockets and a great utility knife. The American Lawman is easy on my pockets. A small amount of sanding under the clip might be useful for you. I just pass a piece of sand paper under the clip 2-3 times and that takes care of the problem. The Code 4 is a bit slick. I put grip tape on mine for a better feel.
    Try the Lawman.

3. PNWguy

PNWguy

Dec 14, 2018
    You're on the right track with the Code 4. The scales are smooth and it is a very slim knife as well. It makes for a very comfortable in pocket carry. It goes in and out of pocket easily without adjusting the clip while still maintaining a strong grip. No worries about it accidentally falling out of your pocket and no pocket shredding either. My experience is with jeans and canvas work pants (these are light and similar to khakis). The Code 4 design is like a slimmer, 3.5" Recon 1. I have had no issues with the smooth scales in hand though some find it too slick. Overall it's a great knife and has become one of my favorites. I can't comment on the Lawman as I haven't handled one yet, though it appears to be a great knife as well.

4. jlauffer

jlauffer Dissident Aggressor Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2016
    If you don't mind something a bit smaller, try the Grik. Definitely not a pocket shredder!

5. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    Frenzy comes very pocket friendly , even the clip is great .

Most models , I bend the clip out some and sand underneath .

6. BitingSarcasm

BitingSarcasm Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 25, 2014
    The Code4 is definitely easy on cloth and is a good choice. Or take some 220 grit sandpaper to your first choice, gently smooth the G10 to whatever level of grip you like, then give it a spritz of WD40 to bring it back to its original color.

7. GlockMonkey

GlockMonkey

Sep 8, 2002
    The Frenzy is remarkably easy to pocket for its size, but it may be more than he wants for the office. I have an XL Vaquero in my pocket today, but I realize that may not be the norm. :)

DocJD likes this.
  8. Cold Steel Knives

Cold Steel Knives Moderator Moderator

Apr 16, 2013
    Code 4 for $$$. Khan for $. Or wait til 2020, got some really cool stuff coming that's pocket friendly.

BMCGear and insta9ves like this.
  9. insta9ves

insta9ves

Apr 3, 2007
    Such a tease!