Amazon hurt my Bk7 :(

So I got my Bk7 in the mail today (my first becker). It was amazing! But upon further inspection I notice a chip and some minor damage to the tip of the blade. I should note this was NOT a Ka-bar/Becker quality issue, as the pics will show. There is a hole in the box it came in as well as the shipping box. It appears that someone dropped/threw the box and the blade pierced through. Must have been something pretty solid since that cro-van is some tough stuff. They're sending me a replacement that should be here monday. It isn't damaged so bad that I couldn't have fixed it but my wife has amazon prime so I don't mind letting them fix their own carelessness. Errrr....

Side note: It was delivered by an amazon driver (those contractor guys) I think its called amazon flex

eY1BpvK.jpg

J34UT16.jpg

L3D4Dbp.jpg

Dang, that's horrible.

Glad your getting it taken care of!

Getting a knife in a bad condition can be pretty much of a BIG disappointment!

Yeah I was soo excited and then I saw the tip. I knew there was no way kabar would send something out like that so I examined the box. Oh well. I can wait 2 more days. But dang amazon. Hopefully they send it ups or usps next time though I doubt they will

Im curious. Is amazon letting you keep the damaged one? Any plans for it? PM me and I might take it off your hands.

I opened my Bk7 took it out back and batoned it thru a oak log. But thats on me. I'm glad you held there feet to the fire and demanded a new blade :thumbsup:

Yeah they weren't too difficult about it. If it hadn't had damage to the shipping box I would have had to sent it back in first. It was sold by amazon, not a 3rd party. I wont buy anything off amazon that isn't sold by them for exactly this reason (return policy). I almost bought it from Tomars as it was cheaper, but I was so anxious about getting it in 2 days with my wifes prime membership (making me that much more disappointed when I got it)

Hooray!

I think the 7 shines with a choil. The balance point is *right there*. I'm a flat-spiner, but Wayne holds a special place in my heart. Or on my spine. Whatever.

Congrats on the (un-damaged) steel! Can't wait to see your mods. I vote for Wayne as well...

Congrats on the 7 ;) if your thinking of deepening the etching unfortunately when New is the best time before they get scratched. I would recommend using it as is for a little while and see how you like it and have a good look around and see what others have done before any mods . You can't put the metal back .The 7 is as big of knife as I will belt carry and notice it doesn't draw unwanted attention and for that reason I like it :) definitely needs different pants for a better carry :D Enjoy the hell out it and post lots of pics :thumbsup:

Glad you got a new replacement one!

For handles the kabar micarta ones are nice, they are nice on contoured formed with a great hand fit.

Back