1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

American Kami Wakizashi

Discussion in 'For Sale: Custom Knives (Individual)' started by Bimmer1, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Bimmer1

Bimmer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2000
    I'm slowly having to sell blades that I don't wish to part with.......but that's life.

I have an American Kami combat wakizashi that I purchased from DJ right after Blade 08.

This one has green handle material and I have added a Japanese style cord wrap and large turk's head knot guard. The wrap was an experiment and I did not have the type of epoxy that I wanted (West Systems) to seal the wrap. I ended up using cheap Devcon 2 ton epoxy and it began to set and became glossy in many sections of the wrap. Not the way I would prefer and since I do not have any West Systems epoxy I have not re-done it. The turk's head has not been epoxied in any way.

Of course the wrap and turk's head can easily be cut off and the waki handle will be like the original format as DJ made it.

The wakizashi has kydex scuffing but the blade edge is still perfectly sharp. I cut one plastic bottle full of water and that has been it.

I will show DJ's original picture withhout the wrap then my pics with the handle wrap.

$800 Now $775 ... $750 $710 shipped in the U.S. (Would prefer payment via paypal personal payment so I do not have to take a hit on the paypal fees)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  2. Bimmer1

Sep 30, 2000
    Price reduction..... $775 shipped

3. Bimmer1

Sep 30, 2000
    Bttt^^^^

4. Bimmer1