Anniversary

What do you fellow gentlemen get/receive for anniversaries? My wife and I were married on 12-21-12 (prophesied doomsday) in the beautiful city of New Orleans. We had the most beautiful venue on the top floor of Jax Brewery. It had all the French inspired architecture of colonial Louisiana and was breathtaking with it's wood and stone walls, ceiling, and floors.

For our first anniversary I was able to find the same type of wood used in the brewery for a picture frame of my favorite wedding picture. This year I gave her/us another memento. This time it was a matching pair of Black Ultralite Zippo lighters with our wedding date engraved in them.

For me, my wife gave a very special one. Gentleman Jack box with the Build Your Own Bar collection glasses. She also gave me an engraved Jack Daniels tumbler and an engraved shot glass. All of which made me a VERY happy husband. :)

What are some of your favorite gifts you've given or received? Please post pictures if you have them.

hzripYd.jpg

6XMNdgH.jpg

g4Y5RZR.jpg

lkT7i8i.jpg

SLbxDyo.jpg

6U09pnL.jpg

DMLk6wD.jpg

QciyEct.jpg

My wife and I have been married 30 years. We rarely get each other anything more than a card. Sometimes we'll get each other a joint gift or we'll travel. On our 30th anniversary we had a diamond and sapphire ring custom made for her, and she had my wedding band engraved with a caption from or wedding invitations. For Christmas this year we put a $20 limit on gifts for each other. Since I'm in Afghanistan, my youngest daughter will get her orchids with the $20 I left her. This works very well for us.

Pretty much like leg hog, mostly cards with flowers or a dinner out alone. 10th I made her a new platinum wedding set, 20th we went on a cruse, 30th is coming up no idea yet on that one.

Back